battery isolator

Participant count
  • Participant list
has more to do with how many batts/ what alt you will be running, then how many watts you'll be running (although that can affect it a lil bit, due to the amperage pull) ... what changes will you be doing, and what reasons are making you want to run an isolator?

has more to do with how many batts/ what alt you will be running, then how many watts you'll be running (although that can affect it a lil bit, due to the amperage pull) ... what changes will you be doing, and what reasons are making you want to run an isolator?
i was looking around and it said that a different model battery can drain my under hood battery but now im being told thats only if i play with car off and i should be fine without one... im ordering a new alt this week coming so im stock alt at moment. will have 2 bats, 1 under hood, 1 in trunk...

i was looking around and it said that a different model battery can drain my under hood battery but now im being told thats only if i play with car off and i should be fine without one... im ordering a new alt this week coming so im stock alt at moment. will have 2 bats, 1 under hood, 1 in trunk...
the only way this will really happen is if you run a larger batt in the back, straight off your front batt, instead of your alt...

batt isolators arent really required in most daily set ups anymore, the main reason most will use them is if their power supply for their audio is over 16 volts.... so they wont destroy their stock accessories... just trying to figure out why your wanting to run an isolator bro

the only way this will really happen is if you run a larger batt in the back, straight off your front batt, instead of your alt...
batt isolators arent really required in most daily set ups anymore, the main reason most will use them is if their power supply for their audio is over 16 volts.... so they wont destroy their stock accessories... just trying to figure out why your wanting to run an isolator bro
its all good thats why i asked the question..im not sure about if i really needed one or not.. the batt in the back is smaller than under hood so i should be safe i believe..i appreciate the help guys thanks! im prob going to install it today then i suppose lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jtomsic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
jtomsic
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date