Battery Help

Iosias
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Gonna be running a BC2000 and BC1100.4, Need helping picking a battery to go with my Yellow Top.

I will eventually be upgrading the yellow top to a D3400 and getting a 270amp alternator. Looking to buy a XS power battery

Thinking the D3100 unless a smaller battery could work im all for that (something cheaper would be nice.)

From looking at the battery charts a D1200 would support 3000 watts as a secondary, combo with a 3400 in the front think that would be enough?

Put the D3400 up front. You can get the XP3000 if your mounting inside vehicle. 120 ah battery, more than enough.

Xs power recomanded a xp2000 with d3400 upfront. So I'm gonna get a xp 2500 then 3400 upfront.
I dont think there is anything wrong with deka. Nor C&D or Powerwre for that matter. Some people like to go the less inexpensive route. I know bgowdy got all of his for about the price of 1 1/2 of the xs power batteries.

Thats a deal i would say. Plus they are 100+ ah as well. Thats what alot of people are looking at anyway, is the ah. Could care less the cca or the ca

imo

Nick

2 xs batts and 270 alt is overkill for your power range. I'd do upgraded batt under good and in back. Should be plenty from expierence.

I dont think there is anything wrong with deka. Nor C&D or Powerwre for that matter. Some people like to go the less inexpensive route. I know bgowdy got all of his for about the price of 1 1/2 of the xs power batteries.
Thats a deal i would say. Plus they are 100+ ah as well. Thats what alot of people are looking at anyway, is the ah. Could care less the cca or the ca

imo

Nick
ive actually been doing alot of research about amp hours and things like that. everyone looks at the amp hours. i was schooled by some veterans from meca and a iasca judge. and when they break it down it made alot of since. ah's actually when it comes down to isnt as important as it seems

2 xs batts and 270 alt is overkill for your power range. I'd do upgraded batt under good and in back. Should be plenty from expierence.
I may go this route if my voltage stays steady.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

ive actually been doing alot of research about amp hours and things like that. everyone looks at the amp hours. i was schooled by some veterans from meca and a iasca judge. and when they break it down it made alot of since. ah's actually when it comes down to isnt as important as it seems
Mind explaining?

I may go this route if my voltage stays steady. 

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Mind explaining?
honestly it was about a 1.5 hour lecture. he was breaking down how the ca's have a bit to do with it as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.