battery draining fast

seanabell86

md
Ok so Saturday night I hooked up a system(HU 2 amps 1 sub and speakers) in my 04 eclipse which I recently purchased. Because of the infinity sound system it came with and having the stock amp I could not get sound hooking it up like I normally do. So I decided to just buy a second amp for speakers( couldn't just hook it up with my first amp because I could not adjust sub where I wanted without comprimising the sound of the speakers.) I ran a 4 gauge power from the battery into distrib. block which split two 8s. And than 2 seperate grounds and ran the rem wire to one amp and sistered it to the other. So I got it hooked up and it sounded good and I drove the car for about 20 mins and than my battery and brake light came on and my car ended up dying. Than I just hooked up one amp and the speakers and no sub and it still drains just as fast.After sitting it would regain power enough to use lights and flashers but wouldn't start. So than I got the car home and unhooked the system and tried disconnecting one thing at a time but I can not figure this out. Any help would be greatly apprietiatd the car runs fine now but as soon as I hook it back up the lights come on right away and will drain battery completly if I don't unhook it. Thanks for the help!

The remote wire is fine. Is the remote wired to turn on and off with the car?

And yes, a loose battery ground can give you problems.

I would also go have both battery and your alt tested just to be sure.

Jezus, if you have no idea what your talking about, please do not try to help people.

disconnect your system, make sure the original factory wires are clean and connected to your battery.

Sound exactly like a dead alternator (or one that is not connected at all), charge your battery asap or it will be completely damaged too, its already been damaged with such low drain.

post back here after you've done this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.