Battery Dies

Fender5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
My battery dies every winter as it gets cold. Then it'll be fine after that initial cold. Its not even that cold (20 degrees)

I do run dual batteries. Duralast in front (5yr warranty. had it for 3) and kinetik hc600 in rear with no isolator. (might be prob, idk)

i also have an aftermarket alarm, keyless entry

I do run my system pretty loud until I turn my car off. Could be another problem, idk

what do you think might be wrong

have you ever though of checking what your batts are resting at with a dmm, disconect them from each other one night when you park it and check it before you start the car, one of both of the batts could be bad

What kind of alternator are you using? What kind of current are you drawing?

Do you have a charger? I would charge them overnight and see if that does it. Otherwise you're probably drawing too much from them, you're system is not small..

my batts rest 12.5 front.. 12.3 rear with car off, both batteries still connected. havent tried without since im studying for finals. i'll check as soon as im done.

alternator is a 90amp stock honda one.

i got the same problem, i recently charged them up overnight. they were resting at 12v even, after charge they sit at 12.7 and its cold as **** here. just give them a overnight charge. that will help

its a 1996 accord ex v6.

glad im not the only one with this prob lol. i will definitely charge them up.

should i just drive around and have it the system down to charge it up?

my batts rest 12.5 front.. 12.3 rear with car off, both batteries still connected. havent tried without since im studying for finals. i'll check as soon as im done.
alternator is a 90amp stock honda one.
You're probably drawing that much current with your amps alone, plus you have all the lights and electronics in your car.

dang i thought i was doing good with electrical lol

im upgrading to Kinetik HC1200-1400 for the rear this coming summer

i've looked into new alternators, but they are too expensive for my car and im not planning to keep it for more than 2-3 years.

thats like 9.00-15.00 a month for a ho alt .
Lmao, are you bored as ****? I never would have thought about looking at it that way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The better battery will only do so much.. It will just take longer to ruin it/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fender5

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Fender5
Arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date