battery died???

Participant count
  • Participant list

mustangowner
10+ year member

still wangin'
Shelby,AL
I was sitting in a parking lot yesterday letting some friends listen to my new ported setup and my battery died (it wouldnt start). I listened to it for no more than 10 minutes at moderate volume...i did push it hard a couple of times. Just wandering if i should upgrade my battery?

Do you have a regular car battery? As I said in the thread about "deep cycles vs. regular batteries", standard lead acids don't have much tolerance for high current draws. Although, 10min shouldn't be too hard of a load on it. How old is your battery, and what are the condition of the terminals (i.e, if there's corrosion on them, clean it off).

It shouldn't have gone out that quickly.

One easy thing you can do is take it to a local auto parts store that does free battery tests so you can eliminate/blame a weak battery problem as the cause.

the terminals are fine. I think its just old. the car is a 2000 model mustang, as far as i know it still has the original battery. I have owned it since 2002 and i have not replaced it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mustangowner

10+ year member
still wangin'
mustangowner
Shelby,AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date