battery dead?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nick358
10+ year member

ok i have a jbl 1200.1 and earlier today i was bumping my system and my sound cut off(bia bia was going at an intense level) everythign came back on, i think i shorted somethign don't know, none of my fuses were blown, day strolls on nothing out of the ordinary happened i started my car mutltple times fine after that, i get home, bout 10 hours my car sits in the garage. i go out to leave and my car is jstu flat out dead, now, i know porblem which is that the battery is dead but i don't know why it would drain like that. i don't think i left anythign on did that short or whatever it was harm any of my electricalls but that wouldn't make sense cause everythign was fine for a while after the prob happened

You might need a new alternator or battery. Your alternator is probably spending most of it's juice supplying power to your sound system, instead of recharging the battery.

Your amp and head unit will shut off if the voltage gets below 10 or 9 volts, like when a big bass note hits. Or the amp can shut itself off if it starts clipping or overheating.

I'd check my alternator and battery if I were you.

ok...jumped my car, car has been running for 40 mins, not the alternator or the computer, being it wouldn't run that liong if it was either of them 2 that went bad. only thing i can think of is maybe i left a light on, or that short or wahtever kept my amp drawing power when i turned off my car /shrug

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nick358

10+ year member
Nick358
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from