Battery Connection?

Participant count
  • Participant list

knewknow
10+ year member

Toronto
Hey guys...

So I installed my system about 5-6 months ago, and right away I was having problems with the battery. I was able to drive home after the installation, but the car had no power the next morning when I tried to leave my place. So I unplugged the amp from the battery and everything was fine. I suspected that my battery was just a little old (was about 5 years at this point) so I went out and got a brand new one. Everything was fine for a month or two and then I had the same problem. So I removed the + and - from the battery and noticed that there was some sticky stuff connected to the plug and to the battery itself, so I cleaned that off with a wire brush and haven't had any problems since..... until this morning. Same thing happened again, so I took the cables off and noticed that the same sticky stuff was around the ground cable, and the top of the battery had a little white stuff on it (I hope this is normal), so again I cleaned off the cables and I'm all good. I cleaned the battery connectors too even though I was a little scared since I was scraping them with a wire brush (should I do this?). Has anyone else had this same problem? I know that it's directly related to the amp drawing more power from the battery than it's used to, but it's a brand new battery. Any ideas on how I can prevent this in the future? Is this safe?

Thanks,

kk

thats corrosion, use some lemons to clean it up and put some of that gel they give you when you buy new batteries and put it on the battery poles and wire terminals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

knewknow

10+ year member
knewknow
Toronto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from