Battery choice(s)

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mck76

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm not unfamiliar at all with batteries or running a dual set up. All of my jeep toys have had them due to a winch (or two), lights and audio. I have stayed with optima yellow tops in everything.
Now, i'm on a build of an 02 Tahoe. I see XS, kinetic and others. I may still use optima thought Xs has me intrigued with the smaller batteries i coul conceal inside. System will be under 2k watts. Largest 2.5k. Stick with what i know or explore even more that maybe out there. Just unsure of how Xs is as a starting battery. I do want to stay AGM. thanks in advance.

@Mck76 to each their own, but why are you sticking with agm instead of lithium? Lithium has higher current output, quicker charge time, and weighs less: all beneficial on a 4x4 that is actually used offroad.

For what it's worth my teamate has a Baja truck he actually tows with his bass ride. The battery for his winch died and his truck was basically stuck he called home and my other teamate tells him unhook your amp and hook the cables to your winch after he got his truck up my teamate said his winch has never been that fast in pulling up the truck 🤣

True. I do need to study up on the lithium. And as for a disconnect between the winch, system and batteries... there is truth. Any battery or batteries can do only so much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...