Battery Bank upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
Right now I'm running 2 group 78 interstate batteries from Costco. 800cca each

K9q6J

I'd like to do better. But don't have much more space. How much better can I do without spending crazy money

Just quote me and then copy my link.

When you host an image to imgur and want to put it on here, you have to have the 'direct image link'

Just right click the image, copy direct image link, and then post it on here using the 'insert image' thingy.

imgur images most likely will never go away. I have imgur albums from 2013 that are still hosted.

On topic, whats out of the spending range? Do you want to replace or add?

I've never used any Interstate batteries so I don't really know how they perform compared to what I've used.

I've only used XS and Kinetik. Both have served me very well.

Just quote me and then copy my link.
When you host an image to imgur and want to put it on here, you have to have the 'direct image link'

Just right click the image, copy direct image link, and then post it on here using the 'insert image' thingy.

imgur images most likely will never go away. I have imgur albums from 2013 that are still hosted.
yeah when I hit direct image link, icons pop up like Facebook messaging. Email. And one says copy to clipboard. I click on that. It says saved to clipboard. I come here. I click on the image thing. I clear the Box then paste.

[quote name='wew lad']you can do better by adding one or two banks of caps[/QUOTE]

Ya huh !! But juice box back cherries tested better than XS 3100 and cost a lot less and @Hertz Mafia on her is selling 4 at a good price. I am running hd15000 on three juice box batts and 4 banks of caps and its the sheet ! I was going to add more batterys but @wew lad talked me into trying these and so far I am very glad I did. Batteries are just so dang heavy and caps preform much better. I will test tomorow as I just got them in today and post up results. and caps cost a little less than baterys too. what are you running for equipment and electrical now ?

NVM I just saw what your running and I would add one bank of caps and see. It will do you right and take up less space too. Those are only 55 ah batterys so the juice box batteries are 110 Ah so almost twice what you got now in a little bigger size but not much as they are group 31.Two of those and one bank of caps and your golden ! but honestly I would and a bank of caps to those batterys you have first and see how it does ? may be fine.

NVM I just saw what your running and I would add one bank of caps and see. It will do you right and take up less space too. Those are only 55 ah batterys so the juice box batteries are 110 Ah so almost twice what you got now in a little bigger size but not much as they are group 31.Two of those and one bank of caps and your golden ! but honestly I would and a bank of caps to those batterys you have first and see how it does ? may be fine.
Suggestion on brand or type of Bank of caps?

Suggestion on brand or type of Bank of caps?
Maxwell ultra caps and you can get them new and used on ebay. You will need six of 2.7 volt 3000 farad caps and the little connector plate to wire them in series. Heres an example Lot of 6 Maxwell Ultra Capacitor 2.7V 3000F Farad Boostcap Free Hardware 2.7V K2 I got one bank for $200 and one for $240 and two banks for $210 each and they were brand new other two were used slightly they said lol ! But they go million life cycles so its not like they are wore out like baterys. I think they would do great in your limited amount of room. Go with one and see how it does and go from there. Here is my build log and you can see how they work for me.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/632525-chaseinbass-96-gmc-rebuild-sort.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.