Basic budget - Incriminator - Ampere - JL - Crescendo - SD Audio -

Thanks, I hadn't considered polk. There home audio entry is meh IMHO and for the same price folks can usually get ID options that are clearer and have more over all SQ. Again, only thinking from my HT experience so maybe their car audio is on a better plane.

I have amazon so I may have to consider these. W/ the prime, if they aren't too my liking I can always return them.
For under $400 bucks, I cant see what could go wrong. Weather proof so that while vehicle sits and moisture sets in and heat ,from day to day, at least these are Marine recommended as well and should last. Ive had 3 sets of DB 6.5s that I use for testing amps and run a set of the older carbon fiber in one my trucks on an older Exacution Audio 60.4 with an older pair of 6.5 Hertz Energy 165 Coax.

The CL series would prob. be just fine for him off HU power
I have been looking at sensitivity and some of the JBL and Infinity are 90+ w/ that temporary thought. I WILL eventually get an amp, its just a matter of me finding a good deal and deciding if I go old school amp vs the Kicker Key DSP.

I personally wouldn’t spend on the rears. I’d just put that money towards deadening the doors.
Rears still calculate into cone area and occasionally our back seat passenger request audio, I won't grab top shelf but I'll still upgrade.
My home cut hdpe sheets and cld. Each section of the inner door is covered as well. . I'll grab some ccf and audiomute later.

Attachments

• 20220519_235814.jpg
    20220519_235814.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I never put my Xovers in the doors.Could get damaged by moisture, I always Zip Tie under the dash,under the front seats, or just behind the kick panels.

I have been looking at sensitivity and some of the JBL and Infinity are 90+ w/ that temporary thought. I WILL eventually get an amp, its just a matter of me finding a good deal and deciding if I go old school amp vs the Kicker Key DSP.

Rears still calculate into cone area and occasionally our back seat passenger request audio, I won't grab top shelf but I'll still upgrade.
My home cut hdpe sheets and cld. Each section of the inner door is covered as well. . I'll grab some ccf and audiomute later.
Ive got several old school Zed amps and others I am about to unload soon(50+) amps

How do you think they compare to Infinity Kappa or Reference?

Good to know, never ran comps before so thanks for the suggestion!(y)(y)
The Kappas Mids are really clean and clear of the C.Fiber made, Really hold up. I still have a couple sets. Tweeters dont hold up. Ended up adding a CDT DRT25 tweet in its place and the Xovers seem to hold up just fine. Generally rated @90RMS But Clean. Referance series is really not that freat of a series of choice. The Polk DB series will walk all over those with performance as well as lasting quite a long time. The Polks will add a little more lower response rather that the Kappas. They do really well though for the money and are really great speakers.With 60-100 rms power on the DB series, they sound amazing The MM series are really fantastic with 150 watts on tap. Ive been waiting on Cresendo to put theyre Coax. 6.5s and 6x9s back in stock to get those.Image Dynamics may be another speaker brand to consider at Sonic Electronix, or Woofers.Com;. Ive ran those components and they are really nice as well. But on the Budget side??? Polk Audio DB or MM series all day long for me

The Kappas Mids are really clean and clear of the C.Fiber made, Really hold up. I still have a couple sets. Tweeters dont hold up. Ended up adding a CDT DRT25 tweet in its place and the Xovers seem to hold up just fine. Generally rated @90RMS But Clean. Referance series is really not that freat of a series of choice. The Polk DB series will walk all over those with performance as well as lasting quite a long time. The Polks will add a little more lower response rather that the Kappas. They do really well though for the money and are really great speakers.With 60-100 rms power on the DB series, they sound amazing The MM series are really fantastic with 150 watts on tap. Ive been waiting on Cresendo to put theyre Coax. 6.5s and 6x9s back in stock to get those.Image Dynamics may be another speaker brand to consider at Sonic Electronix, or Woofers.Com;. Ive ran those components and they are really nice as well. But on the Budget side??? Polk Audio DB or MM series all day long for me
Thanks for the comparison. I'll keep an eye out for kappas and I'll look for Polk DB and MMs. I find some Cresendo comps but no coax. https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/speakers/crescendo-audio/

Woofers ETC has their ID's CTX series on sale, $25 off each set:unsure:.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...