Basic 2004 Toyota Corolla S Install

Participant count
  • Participant list
Youll want some good sound processing to overridethe inherent bad acoustics the car has with 5khz to 8khz range my tweets in my old 2003 corolla S was mounted there too. Took an 80 prs, deadening and absorbtion in the install to get rid of some of that poor acoustics
Car is also a rattle trap if you plan on having 1000 watts of substage, there will be annoying rattle everywhere.
Thanks for the info Jeffdachef. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Started to have some issues with the old radio I installed, so I bought this to replace it.

"][/url]

Mounted the mic behind the steering wheel in front of the gauge cluster.

"][/url]

Got off my *** and finally installed the rear 6x9's.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Ran the cable and mounted the remote bass knob in the center console.

"][/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother was giving me a hard time about the grey carpet on the speaker box and the temporary amp rack being bare wood. I turned my back for a few minutes and this is what he did. LOL.

"][/url]

Since my amps have vents on the bottom of them, I decided to raise them up off the amp rack so air could flow 360 degree around them. Don't know if it will help with cooling, but figured it couldn't hurt. Besides that, I thought the rubber mounts would help to dampen any vibrations to the amps themselves.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Picked up one of these to see how they worked compared to what everyone has been saying on the internet/YouTube. Used it on my brothers truck first. Had to make some slight adjustments to his head unit & 5-channel amp from where he had things set compared to what the DD-1 told us. Everything went smooth and his system sounds better now.

"][/url]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.