Bang for the buck SQ speakers for active setup Eclipse 8053

idk man, that dryness you mention is basically what people complain about all the time, not enough midbass even in a fully treated door, people just do direct swaps to other drivers and they gain a lot more overall. Sure you have some good results but there's been more than enough bad feedback on here and facebook to lower your overall success claim rate by a lot.

idk man, that dryness you mention is basically what people complain about all the time, not enough midbass even in a fully treated door, people just do direct swaps to other drivers and they gain a lot more overall. Sure you have some good results but there's been more than enough bad feedback on here and facebook to lower your overall success claim rate by a lot.
Dryness comes from the lower inductance and lower distortion. The XBL2 drivers do it from their patented coil/motor, the Evil65 does it with an underhung coil and a shorting ring, meaning two different approaches to very clean low distortion sound that doesn't have the harmonics that some people incorrectly perceive as lacking mid-bass. As for good results, there are a lot more than some. I surely understand there is never going to be a driver is loved by all, and there is even more a percentage from those who use a driver improperly or don't have the best install for it to thrive (happens every day). But to say we don't know what we are doing and we should stick to SPL subs, the feedback and reviews all over the place show that is clearly not true showing it is not a claim being made, and I feel a bit uncalled for to be honest. That is fine if a driver is not for you, totally ok, but the performance has only been verifiable put into question as guys who swapped out their PA speakers expecting the same output were disappointed, so again, install and what it is meant for. I traded away a little bit of efficiency for power handling and bandwidtg, as power gets cheaper, bigger amps are being used. The amount of demo's given in the same vehicle at Slamology and Ruckus and TDH, by a wide range of people, all came out with a smile or very positive feedback. That is where a huge majority of the sales for the Evil65's have come from where people actually sat in a car (with minimally treated doors mind you), and bought them right there on the spot or shortly there after.

So I get it if the Evil65 is not for you due to past listening preferences as they don't have that thick sound signature, or for a particular install need (especially in the case of someone getting louder from a swap out as these, as stated multiple times, are not PA drivers) as I would know more than anyone, feedback wise and sales numbers wise and reviews wise and word of mouth wise, these have been a hit because of those who have heard them and loved them. These are not world beaters by any means, but they have proven themselves to be a great performer and value at their price point. They have outpaced in terms of reviews and positive feedback and sales numbers anything we have ever sold under the SSA brand, only thing close would be the Icon and APM-2.

I think denim should send me a set of Evil mids so i can do an unbiased review.
Sure, for the sale pricing we have going right now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I went directly from the Evil's to my current NVX mids without touching anything else. I have completely deadened doors, with secondskin overkill pro applied as well. I love love my dcon, I really do, but the Evil Mids were very disappointing to me. I would rate them "average" but I suppose their price is "average" as well. I Didn't really care for the design of the outer mounting ring either. I had to cross them extremely high (100hz+) to even avoid any crackling on them. My NVX mids take every note effortlessly. I really can't rave enough about them especially being skeptical at first.

To be fair, anyone that truly raves about them probably has either low expectations or hasn't heard anything better before.

Were the evils loud? I need something loud. Not ear piercing PA loud, but something that on ~150w is still pretty darn loud. My XLs can get plenty loud, and I can also put alot of power on them.

Seems like Evils might be a downgrade from that

Were the evils loud? I need something loud. Not ear piercing PA loud, but something that on ~150w is still pretty darn loud. My XLs can get plenty loud, and I can also put alot of power on them.
Seems like Evils might be a downgrade from that
it'll be a total downgrade from hertz hsk xls man. Those are way louder than the evils even when the evils had way more power going to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.