Bang for the buck SQ speakers for active setup Eclipse 8053

You know you want to see how much they’re really getting fed with your AMM or a DMM for your homie.../jedi mind trick
If you do decide you want to roll with Perfect 600's let me know, I have a ridiculous discount on Harman stuff thru work. I paid $225 for my set... Just a bit less than Sonic or crutchfield //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you do decide you want to roll with Perfect 600's let me know, I have a ridiculous discount on Harman stuff thru work. I paid $225 for my set... Just a bit less than Sonic or crutchfield //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Oh snap you think you can still get that price?

I 2nd the NVX X series mids. I have them and they are phenomenal. I upgraded my old SSA evil mids to these and these are lightyears better.

Get the Alpine Type X tweeters from ebay for $40 shipped.

Yes, that is my exact setup and it's awesome.

I 2nd the NVX X series mids. I have them and they are phenomenal. I upgraded my old SSA evil mids to these and these are lightyears better.

yeah seems like everything is better than the SSA Evils, they are overhyped and waaaay underperforming AF from all the feeback everywhere. Dont know why they get soo much hype... just because they look pretty i guess. I love SSA subs and customer service but they should definitely just stick to what they are good at and not branch out into something they obviously have no idea what they are doing with speakers and tweeters. Same with ampere and all these spl companies trying to do "SQ" mids and highs, its rather pathetic.

yeah seems like everything is better than the SSA Evils, they are overhyped and waaaay underperforming AF from all the feeback everywhere. Dont know why they get soo much hype... just because they look pretty i guess. I love SSA subs and customer service but they should definitely just stick to what they are good at and not branch out into something they obviously have no idea what they are doing with speakers and tweeters. Same with ampere and all these spl companies trying to do "SQ" mids and highs, its rather pathetic.
We are not an SPL company first off, we are an audio brand that has a wide range of items. Dcon, Gcon, Icon, Xcon are not SPL, as well as the new F8L and the new Dcon in the works and the Gcon on the way. Next, please check around the overwhelming amount of positive reviews on the SSA Evil65's. We clearly have a good grasp on this, I would suggest seeing the steady flow of positive reviews from very experienced users that the Evil 1's are getting. To add to all the steady positive feedback, we have already put both the Evil 1 and Evil65's on Black Friday sale pricing, making them both an even better value.

We are not an SPL company first off, we are an audio brand that has a wide range of items. Dcon, Gcon, Icon, Xcon are not SPL, as well as the new F8L and the new Dcon in the works and the Gcon on the way. Next, please check around the overwhelming amount of positive reviews on the SSA Evil65's. We clearly have a good grasp on this, I would suggest seeing the steady flow of positive reviews from very experienced users that the Evil 1's are getting. To add to all the steady positive feedback, we have already put both the Evil 1 and Evil65's on Black Friday sale pricing, making them both an even better value.
i like the design. i doubt they sound bad at all. i remember dan wiggins said most people wouldn't like how the XBL drivers sounded because of hte lack of distortion. any white papers?

I feel like mids are the most misdiagnosed aspect on the forums. Perhaps more so than anything, mids are install dependent. I ran 10$ PE mids in my sq car, with a heavily treated door, and ran active on clean power. Sounded better than 100$ drivers.

Show me an excellent sounding mid....theres probably good tuning and door treatment behind it

wish you had some zcons in stock.

i like the design. i doubt they sound bad at all. i remember dan wiggins said most people wouldn't like how the XBL drivers sounded because of hte lack of distortion. any white papers?
Yes, there is a dry'ness to XBL^2 speakers from that lack of distortion that human ears pick up as warmth from harmonics. We don't have any white papers on our speakers at this time.

I feel like mids are the most misdiagnosed aspect on the forums. Perhaps more so than anything, mids are install dependent. I ran 10$ PE mids in my sq car, with a heavily treated door, and ran active on clean power. Sounded better than 100$ drivers.
Show me an excellent sounding mid....theres probably good tuning and door treatment behind it
Well said.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

wish you had some zcons in stock.
We have 6 Team Evil 18's in stock. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Those Alpine SPX Pro knockoffs on eBay are tough to beat for the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.