Bang for the buck SQ speakers for active setup Eclipse 8053

DaveT
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Right now I have half my stuff boxed up still and haven’t been able to find all of my Pioneer Comp set so far I’ve only been able to find one of the mids and tweeters but no crossovers yet. I remembered that the 8053 can do 2 way active+ sub. So assuming I can find the other tweet and mid and can’t find the Xovers I will just go active. Then again I wouldn’t be against buying some 8”mids and some good tweets any reconditions for good bang for the buck SQ speakers for the active setup. 6.5” to 8” mids not too picky about tweets as long as they aren’t too harsh? It’d be nice to have 2 ohm speakers (at least for the mids) to get the most out of My American Bass SQ480 4 channel amp. The amp is supposed to do 80wrmsx4@2ohms but I’ve heard of them putting out more like 130-150wrms at 2ohms.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Come on ch’all let’s not get post shy.

I’m thinking about maybe just picking up a Infinity Kappa Perfect 600s and run them on their crossover until I feel brave enough to go 2 way active through the Eclipse. Opinions? Also looked at some Morrels and IDs.

NVX X series mid woofers and Morel MTD-12 tweeters. Cross them over at about 2700 and your good and yes I have these. Woofers are ~ $150 pair and tweeters are $35 each on parts express. Also the Tang Band 25-302SH 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter Part # 264-804 Sound very good, I have these in my truck crossed over at 2600 L-R to some Dayton Audio ND140-4 5-1/4" Aluminum Cone Midbass Driver 4 Ohm Part # 290-216, which although too small for you sound so nice and detailed in my truck.

NVX X series mid woofers and Morel MTD-12 tweeters. Cross them over at about 2700 and your good and yes I have these. Woofers are ~ $150 pair and tweeters are $35 each on parts express. Also the Tang Band 25-302SH 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter Part # 264-804 Sound very good, I have these in my truck crossed over at 2600 L-R to some Dayton Audio ND140-4 5-1/4" Aluminum Cone Midbass Driver 4 Ohm Part # 290-216, which although too small for you sound so nice and detailed in my truck.
I might just got with 6-1/2 or 6-3/4” and mount them in the factory location. Funny you mentioned Parts Express I remembered them earlier and was looking at some of their mids and tweets.

Come on ch’all let’s not get post shy.I’m thinking about maybe just picking up a Infinity Kappa Perfect 600s and run them on their crossover until I feel brave enough to go 2 way active through the Eclipse. Opinions? Also looked at some Morrels and IDs.
I love my Perfects 600s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.