bandpass builders

Participant count
  • Participant list

rusty_armadillo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay city, MI
Would any of you geniuses be willing to design me a 4th order for 1 12 audiopulse axis? I haven't the slightest idea on how to calculate one of these. I want to try a 4th order tuned to 32hz firing through the ski hole in my grand prix. I'd like to get a design for free but if its difficult and time consuming name your price.

ok in a day or so when this thread has no responses hit up 80 inches or imaMP3pimp

either will do a good design for a reasonable price

Lol thanks for the input. I'm bored driving to florida so I thought I'd throw it out there before I went the direct route to get any and all opinions.

I PMed you back.

And please don't put that speaker in a bandpass, it would make me cry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

And yes, you are actually going to want to pay for a bandpass design. It takes a certain knowledge to know how to make one work well, and that knowledge is worth every cent. BP enclosures are either excellent, or absolutely horseshit. There really isn't a middle ground, and 95% fall into the latter category. The guys I PMed you will be in the other 5%. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i build a mean band pass but they are not for every sub

they will make an average sub sound excelent howevr that does not allways translate when a high quality sub is used /it gets to a point where you actually do more harm and lose output

plus bp's make certain problems harder to identify /like distorting or unloading/

moral of this story .pay for a good design and have a quality builder build it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.