bandpass boxes

Depending on the design and size/number of subs, they are usually larger than a normal ported box.

Bandpasses are also more difficult to design and can be very picky. One little math error or design flaw can throw the whole performance of the enclosure off.

They CAN be louder if designed properly, but a normal ported box will suffice for the majority of people.

someone was telling me a single reflex box or something like that takes up less space
Single reflex?

No.

Reflex usually refers to a normal ported box. Bass reflex is the term most commonly used.

After that it only gets more complicated. 4th order, 6th order, 8th order, aperiodic bi-chamber, etc. and so forth.

The only bandpass enclosures I ever got to work, the front chamber was quite large, especially compared to some of the bandpass designs floating around here.

Too bad I have yet to see any of his boxes perform even remotely better than a properly designed ported box.
lol u funny

last time i checked u live in IL and i live in NY

i doubt u heard any bandpass i designed

u may get a review from folks online but u havent heard the numerous boxes i designed in nyc

if u want to know how my bandpass box sound

ask slammed,dalucifer,dvrmstrng,6spdcoupe, 3.5maxspd,neverenuffbass,path2spl,and a few others that has heard my setup

and they like what i had..the only downfall was i didnt have enuff power and thats going to change in the comming weeks

so be4 u start bashing me ( as u always do when it comes to me designing something for some1) make sure u have ur fact striaght...its a reason folks hit me up for bandpass designs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.