Baffling, BRacing questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well im getting the cut out sheet tonight form vitveet and i already have the main pieces cut so i just need to get the hole cut for the sub and terminal then figure out how to make this port lol.. then ill see how it turns with the metal rods. Also a quick question where exactly do you put the screws in? I just glue everything down and put screws into it so it stays in place?

I like every 4-5 inches and predrill the face plates first. Kinda overkill as the wood glue actually bonds it all together. I dont even predrill as I let the fine thread drywall screws draw into the wood slightly below the surface. I like 2.5" screws for the form and 3" for the double baffle.

Rich

0062.jpg

0092.jpg

0122.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

All you need is 1-3/8 or 1-5/8 coarse thread drywall screws(orange label at Home Depot) every 8-10" to keep everything snug while it dries. Just predrill with a small bit, like 3/32, and you're set. I've never had a coarse thread screw strip on me, not once. Can't say the same for other screws...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.