bad idea to run tweets in series?

Participant count
  • Participant list
First of all..what amp do you have,and what are the models of all the speakers? Most speakers are 4ohm stereo that you purchase today,and you can wire to different configerations,as most amps allow from 4/2,and even 1ohm stereo mode.Need to check to see if your tweeters have caps on the poss side,.I tell you what...Pm me your address..I will donate an amp to you for your set up..I have several amps,and you seem like you are trying.I was in your shoes growing up,and didnt have funds for this love of car audio..Yet, let me know what speakers you have, and sub/amp,and i will see what I have that will work with what you have,and send you a diagram to wire it up also.Pm me your address brother,and let me know what you have now

First of all..what amp do you have,and what are the models of all the speakers? Most speakers are 4ohm stereo that you purchase today,and you can wire to different configerations,as most amps allow from 4/2,and even 1ohm stereo mode.Need to check to see if your tweeters have caps on the poss side,.I tell you what...Pm me your address..I will donate an amp to you for your set up..I have several amps,and you seem like you are trying.I was in your shoes growing up,and didnt have funds for this love of car audio..Yet, let me know what speakers you have, and sub/amp,and i will see what I have that will work with what you have,and send you a diagram to wire it up also.Pm me your address brother,and let me know what you have now
right on good looking out for a youngster .if you wanna pay $8.00 for shipping i'll donate some crossovers for your tweets

I found an amp within my collection that should work for you,and has built in cross overs,and should run your entire vehicle set up..A JBL GTQ 200 4ch.Pm me your address,and I will send it out to you by sat,so that you can get those tunes sounding pretty good,and easy on the electrical system as well.Let me know..take care

no one answered the question. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you can run tweeters in series, and the impedance will be the addition of the two. so two 4 ohm tweeters in series will present an 8 ohm load. the down side is that the inductance will add as well, meaning a greater increase in impedance as frequency increases. as a result, you will have a roll-off in output at high frequencies. this may not end up being a bad thing, or maybe you just increase the treble setting a few notches.

yes, you need a passive crossover protecting the tweeters. a simple capacitor will do, can be had for a dollar or so at Radio Shack (make sure they are non-polarized and at least 100V). what value capacitor depends on the impedance load. you don't want to just use random crossovers when pairing speakers since the crossover value changes with impedance.

some calculators and tables to help in determining what size cap you need.

Passive Crossover Design Equations Formulas Calculator - Two Way First Order Network Butterworth

Designing Passive Crossovers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.