Need help with my system please

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeathWaffle

Alright ill start out with what I have and then tell you what I think I need and hopefully I can get some answers with what will help me out.

So I currently have 2 Elite spl v.2 RD audio 15's in the trunk of my 1995 sunfire. They are currently sitting in a box that is a little over 6 cu.ft. and the box is tuned to 35.5 hz. (I don't know what ohm my subs are, but I have them wired to 2 ohms I think. All I really know is that they produce 2500 rms each.)

The amp I am running is a 1000 watt sony xplod. Does not take 1/0 and is 2 ohm stable.

I have 1/0 wire, from the front of my car to the back, and I have some extra 1/0 if a extra battery is required.

Everything else on my car is stock, stock battery, stock alt.

I do not have the big 3 upgrade. I have no idea how to do it.

The dimming in my car is beyond what you can think. My car always acts like its about to die when I play my subs. My car is a manual and at times I have to turn the brights on at night just to see the road cause the draw I get from the sub/amp just kills my vision at night.

Now ill start with some of my questions and what I might need.

2 things I know I need but I have no clue what models I should get or brands.

I need a amp that can at least push 4000 rms. If possible somewhere around there. So if someone could help me that would be nice.

I'm trying to get a amp that is 1 ohm stable.

I was gonna buy 2 yellow tops but I wanted to know what ones I should buy or if there are other batteries ill need would be helpful.

I guess I am kinda on a budget but I have 1,100 to spend right now.

adding more power will worsen the problem. adding more batteries won't as much as you need.

you need a larger alternator, #1. you need to keep the batteries charged, every day. the alt charges the batteries and keeps voltage up.

#2 you need to do the big 3. there is a sticky on it and it's all over the web. plenty of info if you look.

#3 you need to pitch the stock battery and get a good main battery.

one or two more batteries back by the amp only help after the items above are done.

those items alone will more than halve your budget. $160-200 per battery then $200-300 for the alternator (buy the biggest one your little car can fit and it still won't be enough for 4kW). but you won't get 4kW out of an amp rated for 4kW since you can't/won't maintain adequate voltage anyway.

after you've upgraded your electrical, take what you have left and get an amp you want.

if you have it wired for 2 ohms mono, you can't just rewire for 1 ohm mono. you need to know what impedance your sub coils are. remove them from the box and look at the magnet - it will say what they are. then verify how you have them wired and tell us. two subs wired for 2 ohms are either 2 ohm DVC or 4 ohm SVC. from the mfr website, you have 2 ohm DVC subs. you can wire each one to 1 ohm, but once you combine them you have either 0.5 ohms or 2 ohms.

may be easier/cheaper to get two amps rated 2kW at 1 ohm.

look in the classifieds section for deals on gear. there are only a handful of 4kW amps to choose from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.