Bad amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wiktorrr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Montreal
looking for good help, please advise if you can. I wired my amp to my head unit using speaker level ins. It’s a 5 channel amp. I bridged it to power my front speakers. The right speaker and tweeter keep cutting in and out. To see if it was the amp I switched the outputs around and now my left speaker and tweeter cut in and out. Also the amp has signal sensing turn on/off but it just stayes on. It’s a bran new amp had it for a day, it starting doing that 10 minutes into using it. Any suggestions ?

Double Check if you bridged it correctly. Check wiring at terminals on speakers and amp.

Do you have another amp to test out to see if it cuts out the same way? Personally from experience this is the best way to rule out a lot of things when diagnosing this kinds of problems.

Double Check if you bridged it correctly. Check wiring at terminals on speakers and amp.

Do you have another amp to test out to see if it cuts out the same way? Personally from experience this is the best way to rule out a lot of things when diagnosing this kinds of problems.
I triple checked my wiring, and It’s good. It seems like the problem is with channel A because when I unbridge and put both speakers on channel A (it’s a 5channel amp) they both cut off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.