Back into the Subwoofer game, but with a dillema....

318iSPOLKMoMo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well, I have been a long time member here, and back when I had my system, I had 2 12" Alpine Type Rs in a sealed box powered by a HiFonics Zeus XI amp.

I sold the subs with the box around a year ago, now i got the sudden urge to buy another sub system. This time i just want to stick with 1 good 12" instead of two.

Theres a bunch of new subs out that im interested in, along with a couple old ones.

Heres a couple ones i saw that i liked:

-The new (to me) Alpine Type X 12

-The MTX Thunder 9500 12

-The old but nice Image Dynamics MAX 12

-Resonant Engineering (I dunno which model is nice)

-Fosgate T212D2 ( I think this is new too)

-I think there was a company named Elemental Designs? they had a nice one

-Diamond Audio TDX 12

-There are probably some other ones im missing.

So, pretty much, I want 1 12" that is leaning more towards SQ rather than SPL.

I know there are a lot of pros on here that can help me, so tell me what you got.

Thanks!

I have mine up for grabs. Its not the 9500, but it is an 8500. Let me know when you get down to your decision time after you hear opinons. Its a solid sub, especialy the 9500

ID MAX...do that one if you can find it for a good price. Killer SQ, small box, and you don't see them everyday. Everyone on here will say RE though, but there are other options.

Shawn

Can't go wrong with the IDMAX or a XXX from RE. A little lower in price from RE is the is the SE line, they were made for SQ over SPL while the XXX is a SQL driver. You should search around for some comments on the Type X; I remember hearing some bad things about it when it came out. Another comapny you might want to look at is SoundSplinter,( http://www.soundsplinter.com ) their RL-Ps are getting very popular and there are plenty of people using them you can for opinions on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.