Back in the game, looking for amp/sub/box suggestions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnATL

CarAudio.com Newbie
ATL
Hi guys, I’m John. Been out of car audio for probably 15 years or so. I built a couple boxes back in the day and was definitely a bass head but ended up taking a hiatus from car stereos as I got more into cars themselves.

Anyway, looking for suggestions now. I have a 2019 Civic Type R hatch back and the stock bass output is tragic. I started wanting a pre-fab powered sub but realized that I know what a good ported set up sounds like and I figured it would be more fun to piece something together. My car is lowered and I like the way it sits and handles, so keeping the weight down is my biggest challenge. For this reason I want to do 1 sub and I want to keep it around 500wrms or so. (Not looking for a 50 lb sub) I also want to keep trunk space so I’m hoping to stay around a cubic foot or so. I also don’t want to build a box. Budget for sub, amp, enclosure, LOC is around $600. I don’t mind deviating a bit if I find something that I feel is worth it.

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 8 or 10

Budget: I need a sub, amp, LOC, and enclosure. Let’s say $600 but I’m flexible.

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): 500 or 600wrms, have not purchased an amp yet. Heard good things about Alpine MRV-M500.

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 1 cf

Goals: Looking for something that sounds good with most music types but can impress when cranked up. I do like my lows. Low weight and doesn’t take up a ton of room.

Listening habits: Rap, Rock, Country.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: open to this. The Dayton Ultimax looks interesting but I’ve been out of this for a long time. Hoping you guys can recommend stuff. Would prefer if you have personal experience with your recommendations. Below are links to some of the components that caught my eye.

What do you guys think of this enclosure? (This would fit my trunk nicely, I would love if there are some good sub suggestions for this box)

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-198883-GP-Audio-10-Ported-MDF-Subwoofer-Enclosure.html

Another one I looked at:

This amp:

This LOC:

I’d only be at $400-$420 with these components which leaves some money available for a sub. If you like components other than the ones I’ve mentioned please let me know. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...