AVN 6620 problem!!! PLEASE HELP

efm80
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so I just got the eclipse AVN 6620 installed and I have one major problem, WHITE NOISE!! The deck emits a constant white noise no matter what the volume. Its not volume influenced. I can have the volume on 0 or 80 and its still the same constant white noise. Me and my installer have tried everything from changing the grounds, rca's, ect... The only thing that stops it is unplugging the rca's from the headunit. Any ideas to stop this??? Is it a bad unit you think??? please help! thanks

Eddie

Sounds to me like it's in the head unit itself because otherwise the noise would continue with the RCAs unplugged at the hu. I would check your hu ground. Or it could be a bad unit.

Sounds to me like it's in the head unit itself because otherwise the noise would continue with the RCAs unplugged at the hu. I would check your hu ground. Or it could be a bad unit.
kinda what my installer thought. So if it was the amps for instance, with the RCA's unplugged it would still make the noise?? Trying to understand it all, sorry.

have you tried new rca cables
I have not, but it was the same RCA cables with my old deck and they were fine then

its almost as if the deck is seeing full power from the amp no matter what the volume. Example: You have your music on pause, and you turn your head unit all the way to max volume(80 on the eclipse) Obviously you are going to have some white noise. But in my situation I have that same maxed out "white noise" at volume 0. So when I am not listening to my music loud I can here this static white noise easily. Please help anybody!

eddie

ok, so a few tests. It is definitely gain influenced. With the gain lower the noise gets quieter, but the problem is then I have no volume on my music with it that low. We also tried and removed the rca's from the amplifier and by doing so the noise is still present. what do you guys think?

x2 also double check your ground and pwer wire you could be conducting noise that way i;'ve seen it happen
we double checked the ground/power and redid the connections but am left with the same problem. The weirdest thing is that I only changed my headunit, which is why I want to believe its the AVN 6620 causing the problem. I have had the amp for awhile with my older premier deck with no white noise unless the music was at higher volumes and you had it on pause. But that was more treble influenced and if I lowered the treble it would decrease. Thats why it feels so weird to say its the amp, but by unplugging the RCA'a from the amp and to still have the noise it makes sense it is. But why when unplugging the RCA's from the headunit does the noise go away? its boggling my mind!!!!! any other thoughts???

well, we did some more tests and have concluded its the AVN 6620. Its almost like its pre-outs are not sealing the connection. The fact that when we pulled the RCA plugs from the JL HD 600/4 and the sound was still there made us think it was the amp, but we tried that on a seperate amp and power supply on my installers test bench and the white noise is there without RCA's plugged in. When I talked to JL tech support he said unless you use shorting plugs in the amps RCA outs you will have noise. So then we tried an alpine deck in my car with the same everything and there was ABSOLUTELY no noise! And then the clincher was when we hooked up the AVN 6620 to another amplifier and the noise WAS still there. And we also tried all new grounds, RCA's, ect... with the same problem. We also tried hooking up an IPOD directly into the amplifier to see if we would get noise and of course we had NONE. So Crutchfield is sending me a new headunit and I just pray this one is fine, because I love the headunit itself. Anybody ever have problems like this??

eddie

Yes, I have had it with my Pioneer Premier 880-PRS deck, which ended up being a Pitco fuse, if I am saying that right, which was blown. So I understand your pain.

Least your getting a new DD HU out of it, I wasn't so lucky. I also didn't know till I sold my unit that the pitco fuse blew. The kid I sold the deck told me that, and he being an awesome buyer took care of it, which blew my mind. I think he knew how to fix it cheap though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.