Aux batt: Kinetik HC800 or Duralast Gold 825A batt?

Undisputed King
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CenCal
Ok so i'm looking to buy an auxilary battery, up front I have a Duralast Gold 825CA batt. Should I match the batteries so one doesnt drag down the other? Another Duralast gold would cost me around $95 dollars. Or should I get a Kinetik HC800 ($120) and call it good? I dont want to buy a new battery up front because that battery isnt even 6 months old. By the way I will be running 1/0 from the battery up front to the rear(auxilary batt), and then from the auxilary batt to my dist blocks for my amplifiers.

Basically if that Kinetik will last like 3x as long as the typical wet cell batt, I should just buy the kinetik since I wont have to buy another aux batt as soon. Then later in the future when the wet cell batt up front goes out I can replace it with a kinetik. Overall saving money.

I will be running 3500wrms so like 350A worth of power @ 70% efficiency. 250A alternator is coming the week after next along with more 1/0 for Big 3.

What do you guys think about the batts? Any help is appreciated.

Ok so i'm looking to buy an auxilary battery, up front I have a Duralast Gold 825CA batt. Should I match the batteries so one doesnt drag down the other? Another Duralast gold would cost me around $95 dollars. Or should I get a Kinetik HC800 ($120) and call it good? I dont want to buy a new battery up front because that battery isnt even 6 months old. By the way I will be running 1/0 from the battery up front to the rear(auxilary batt), and then from the auxilary batt to my dist blocks for my amplifiers.
Basically if that Kinetik will last like 3x as long as the typical wet cell batt, I should just buy the kinetik since I wont have to buy another aux batt as soon. Then later in the future when the wet cell batt up front goes out I can replace it with a kinetik. Overall saving money.

I will be running 3500wrms so like 350A worth of power @ 70% efficiency. 250A alternator is coming the week after next along with more 1/0 for Big 3.

What do you guys think about the batts? Any help is appreciated.
An 800 is too small. the battery in back by the amplifiers will be used more than the battery upfront. I would venture to guess you would need a good sized second battery of the group 31 genre (Kinetik 2400, PM D3100, Odyssey PC2150) You go to small you will eventually kill the battery. I have seen tons of batteries fail for that very reason from SEVERAL brands and makes.

can get them all day for around 130 shipped will outperform that kinetik and who pays dealer cost or retail these days???

can get them all day for around 130 shipped will outperform that kinetik and who pays dealer cost or retail these days???
Are they new and not used or refurbed?? Just saying I am looking right off a sheet a dealer actually pays for a new battery.

Man now my electrical makeover is costing me too much. I never woulda thought that the rear would take more of a beating, scientifically why is that? Can anyone explain to me? I just figured both would take the beating evenly.

I was looking to not spend more than $200 bux on a batt.

Lets put it this way, when I get the GP3000D my gains will be set low as the HDC315 cannot handle the full 3000wrms since it is copper coil. So I figure when my sub is at full tilt it wont be putting out the full 3000w.

So can I maybe get away with lets say a HC1800? I will be running a 250A alternator, built locally and said to put out 120A or so at idle.

had a huge sale on here for 85 plus shipping so not hard to find, and all the time they are on here used for around 130 shipped, i payed that for mine

but just had a sale on here for brand new ones 75 plus shipping plus 10 bucks for his gas so 85 a year ago it was 75 plus shipping, and the 2100's i think or 1700's were like 115 plus shipping or something

Man now my electrical makeover is costing me too much. I never woulda thought that the rear would take more of a beating, scientifically why is that? Can anyone explain to me? I just figured both would take the beating evenly.
I was looking to not spend more than $200 bux on a batt.

Lets put it this way, when I get the GP3000D my gains will be set low as the HDC315 cannot handle the full 3000wrms since it is copper coil. So I figure when my sub is at full tilt it wont be putting out the full 3000w.

So can I maybe get away with lets say a HC1800? I will be running a 250A alternator, built locally and said to put out 120A or so at idle.
For 3500 watts i would do a 2400

had a huge sale on here for 85 plus shipping so not hard to find, and all the time they are on here used for around 130 shipped, i payed that for mine
but just had a sale on here for brand new ones 75 plus shipping plus 10 bucks for his gas so 85 a year ago it was 75 plus shipping, and the 2100's i think or 1700's were like 115 plus shipping or something
Were they new used or refurb? Dealers COST not resale but what a dealer pays for those is over $100 more than that and for a 2150 they pay considerably more than that.

Were they new used or refurb? Dealers COST not resale but what a dealer pays for those is over $100 more than that and for a 2150 they pay considerably more than that.
brand new check out the link search it they were around 125 shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.