Audison lrx 2.9 in Protection

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mirza54000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dubai
Hi Guys,

I just bought this Audison lrx 2.9 amplifier. The amp is wired correctly. Trying to run JBL 1220D (2ohms per coil) . Connected the positive to speaker left positive and negative to speaker right negative. Ground is connected to NEGATIVE and Battery to POSITIVE. Switched between mono and stereo modes both. The woofer is mute and amplifier is showing a red protection light. The fuse is showing a green light. And speaker check is showing an orange light.

PLEASE HELP !

https://www.audison.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/p_1315389315_audison_LRx2_9_tech_EN.pdf
unnamed.jpg

I think I would definitely check the subwoofer wiring first. It seems like the amp may be protecting itself, in relation to the woofer.

How does the amp act when you disconnect the sub?

And I'm not familiar with this amp, you're just going to have to trouble shoot this issue until you find the problem. It may be a simple thing, hopefully.

Connected the positive to speaker left positive and negative to speaker right negative.
You will need to jump - from one coil to + on the other coil to connect the two coils of your DVC sub. Google search how to "Series" a DVC woofer.

This should not be putting your amp into protect though so you may have something else going on.

You running a dual 2 ohm sub
Final load being 1 ohm
Amp specs
2x260/ 1x900 @ 4ohms
2 x 450 @ 2ohms
The amp is only good down to 4 ohms when bridged
Un bridge it
Run one voice coil in to the left channel and the other one into the right channel
That will give you the 2x450 @ 2ohms
Considering its only a 300 watt sub this should be more than enough

Even when the subwoofer is disconnected and only ground , remote and battery is connected, the amplifier is still in protect mode

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...