Audioque vs. Digital Designs

We had the Audioque domain name for over 10 years with no problems. We then decided to "trade mark" our Audioque name and "Audioquest" who manufactures cables contested our use of Audioque and sued us. Long story short our attornies advised us that we could probably win in court but it would cost us a couple of hundred thousand to do so. I made the decision to change the name to Soundqubed which we could "trademark" with no problems. No one liked "Audioque" at first either. Nothing else has changed. We spent that money we would have spent defending our Audioque brand on new product developement which you will see in the not to distant future.
This man has nothing to hide. That alone makes me wanna run your gear. No hiding company related stuff. Good deal

Where does that BS come from? Look at ALL the parts in an AQ amp and a DD amp, there is nothing superior quality in one versus the other when comparing the class D amps. As for the subs, they have a lower return ratio on the AQ line than they do on the DD line.

This is a video I found on you tube comparing the M2A vs the 2200D. Apparently they use the same parts.

YouTube - ‪Amps guts aq2200d vs dd m2a‬&rlm

AQ amps are awesome. I would recommend getting one especially with the sale.
I bought a AQ 120.4 on sale on Dec 24 and once the 120.4 came in I received an email from AQ announcing the sale on the AQ 2200D and 3500D so I bought a 2200D because I like to make sure my amps match. So far so good. I love the build quality, sound and feel of the amps. Once I looked at the bolted on RCAs and felt how heavy and well built the amp was i was sold. I opened them both up and like the guts but thought they looked very similiar to by old M2A amps. For the price, I am very impressed and hope to keep them long-term.

Nothing like getting good audio equipment at those prices.

Current DD and SQ/AQ amps most certainly do use different parts. As for this myth of us using "CHEAP" parts at Sound Qubed, it's just that a myth. For over 25 years I have been heavily tied to the 12 volt industry. I can tell you that without a doubt that SQ uses parts and supplies that meet or exceed the standards of every manufacturer that I have worked for. Like someone else said in this thread, Sound Qubed has nothing to hide!

My AQ2200D runs .7 and has been through a car accident and still works with drops to 12.8 full tilt
of course it does amps now days are designed to take 10v input . 12.8 is real world voltage off a battery youll never see 14.4 all day long

I am wondering if AQ is selling their older stock at discount for newer amps with SQ on the front of the case. I hope DJ can chime in.[/quote
We are having a 20% off sale on all the remaining AQ branded amps with free shipping in the lower 48.
Hey Dj whats the rumor of DD going over seas and the AQ line geting all revamped and thats why the sale is going on . I may have missed something but this is what i heard from a reliable source.

AQ/SQ is getting some changes. The sale is going on to clear the remaining AQ branded products.

Hey Dj whats the rumor of DD going over seas and the AQ line geting all revamped and thats why the sale is going on . I may have missed something but this is what i heard from a reliable source.

AQ/SQ is getting some changes. The sale is going on to clear the remaining AQ branded products.
from what i understand also the current amp line is not just getting a changed logo ? more powa? hope its not jsut changing the logo anyways lol

Last year, I changed from Alpine to Kenwood head units (big change), from using Audiocontrol 3.1 to AudioControl Matrix(big change), from ported to sealed (nice change) and swapped out my JL Audio slash amps to kicker to Audioque (very little to no change). The change of amps had very little to no effect on my systems. With that being said all I want in amp quality is one that will do rated power, has great build quality and gives me more power than I need. AQ fits the bill for me.

I liked my HDC3 when I had it, I limited its performance because i was stupid and didn't replace my stock HU, but it still beat down the block on 1500w, only smelled coil maybe once when I was burping it (and clipping the signal to shit) for my own pleasure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.