jl amps or saz-1200 for 2 sa8v2

Participant count
  • Participant list

momax_powers
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Canada
dilemma:

have a pair of sa8v2 going into ported box 1.55cube net tuned to 34hz and want to know if I should get the saz1200

already have:

jl HD1200/1 (can sell for 500-600 and get 2 hd750/1)

jl 1000/1v2

i know the saz is underrated and puts out around 1500 @ 1 (jacob said tests out similar to the sax)

is it worth it or should i just stick with what I have

output from both the 1000/v2 and 1200/1 sound identical but i like the adjustability of the slash, specifically the adjustable subsonic on the 1000v2 vs the -30hz or off- on the hd

lemme know what you guys think

I don't think you're going to notice a huge difference between 1200w and 1500w. Not worth the trouble to sell it and get the SAZ, plus that JL is just as nice of an amp. Infact, I'd rather have that JL than the SAZ, I wouldn't ever sell that JL just because it's so convenient.

Yeah thats what i figured.... Probably going to go with the hd for an easier space n weight saving install

Also debating using the hd600/4 or xd600/6( i have both).. The hd would match the other amp and i can make a nice looking amp rack coupled with the extra power

Or

Ill hide away the xd600/6 since its so small( most likely use the factory amp location) and make it a permanent component in the car so for future builds i would just be switching out the sub stage only

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.