Audioque vs. Digital Designs

I think DD is selling out, going to mainstream. Especially when it comes to being dealers. People that we used to work with all quit (the good guys) and now they want a buy in for a dealer because no one has the money to buy it.

I think DD is selling out, going to mainstream. Especially when it comes to being dealers. People that we used to work with all quit (the good guys) and now they want a buy in for a dealer because no one has the money to buy it.
There is far more to what went on with all the employees then DD trying to "sell out".

As for how they are going about the dealer network, it is similar to what they did before actually. While dealer contracts have changed along with their "policies" again, the larger issue was the fall out of the dealer network after the sales staff left.

AQ's subs are built in China with Chinese parts, With the exception of the Aluminum coils on the HDC4 series which are built in the USA and shipped to China. We are one of the very few companies that are upfront about where our subs are built. That's why I insert the letter C in the sub models. Our amps are built in South Korea. We are able to source top quality parts in China with the exception of the Aluminum coils which we source in America. China is not much different then the USA when it comes to quality sub parts, you get what you pay for. We are a factory direct to enduser company and do not advertise or wish to be dealer based. Dealer markups and advertising account for over 50 percent of the price you pay for dealer based products. Our business plan allows us to use the best parts and production methods available and sell at affordable prices.

AQ's subs are built in China with Chinese parts, With the exception of the Aluminum coils on the HDC4 series which are built in the USA and shipped to China. We are one of the very few companies that are upfront about where our subs are built. That's why I insert the letter C in the sub models. Our amps are built in South Korea. We are able to source top quality parts in China with the exception of the Aluminum coils which we source in America. China is not much different then the USA when it comes to quality sub parts, you get what you pay for. We are a factory direct to enduser company and do not advertise or wish to be dealer based. Dealer markups and advertising account for over 50 percent of the price you pay for dealer based products. Our business plan allows us to use the best parts and production methods available and sell at affordable prices.
I love AQ, but I only have one question: why in the hell did the name get changed to Sound Qubed? That has to be the worst name, in my opinion.

You guys should definitely get a vendor on this site. Your amps sell like hot cakes on here because of their pricing.

I love AQ, but I only have one question: why in the hell did the name get changed to Sound Qubed? That has to be the worst name, in my opinion.
I agree, I remember reading about it not being able to be a registered trademark or something because other companies have the name.

AQ/SQ would be welcome to have a vendor section here, I'm sure "DJ" would do well over here as he did over on caco and smd, but if I recall they decided to not "market" the brand much.

As for the name, there was an issue with Audio Quest causing AudioQue to change their name do to legal setbacks. I have heard rumors that another wiring company was not exactly happy with the current name choice, but I'm not sure how that will breakdown over the years to come.

We had the Audioque domain name for over 10 years with no problems. We then decided to "trade mark" our Audioque name and "Audioquest" who manufactures cables contested our use of Audioque and sued us. Long story short our attornies advised us that we could probably win in court but it would cost us a couple of hundred thousand to do so. I made the decision to change the name to Soundqubed which we could "trademark" with no problems. No one liked "Audioque" at first either. Nothing else has changed. We spent that money we would have spent defending our Audioque brand on new product developement which you will see in the not to distant future.

We had the Audioque domain name for over 10 years with no problems. We then decided to "trade mark" our Audioque name and "Audioquest" who manufactures cables contested our use of Audioque and sued us. Long story short our attornies advised us that we could probably win in court but it would cost us a couple of hundred thousand to do so. I made the decision to change the name to Soundqubed which we could "trademark" with no problems. No one liked "Audioque" at first either. Nothing else has changed. We spent that money we would have spent defending our Audioque brand on new product developement which you will see in the not to distant future.
That's a good answer, I just wouldn't put SQ on the subs...

I am wondering if AQ is selling their older stock at discount for newer amps with SQ on the front of the case. I hope DJ can chime in.[/quote
We are having a 20% off sale on all the remaining AQ branded amps with free shipping in the lower 48.

I am wondering if AQ is selling their older stock at discount for newer amps with SQ on the front of the case. I hope DJ can chime in.[/quote
We are having a 20% off sale on all the remaining AQ branded amps with free shipping in the lower 48.
I was looking at buying an amp from your site, but I live in canada. when i put the shipping address to canada and clicked "refresh shipping charges" it still said free shipping? is this a mistake . how much will the shipping/duties be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.