audioque hdc3 18 review

Somehow I doubt you are gonna be using 3 cu ft of wood for the walls.
Im always leary of anyone who claims their box hits the lows excellently for music, but also slams for SPL burps. The only boxes I know of that can do that, have interchangeable ports. Clearly there is some BS going on with hyping up the performance of this box design.
I'll PM you the box specs so you can check it for me, maybe somethings wrong with my math. The goal of the box was to have a flat response from 30 to mid 50's. I'm obviously no expert so I paid someone to design one for me, nothing wrong with that. I didn't come in here bragging about anything, I just posted my project plan for the same sub this thread is about.

i think we should be fair and take into account the install as a whole...we talking bout the enclosure, the vehicle(i think the score was a musical average), amp, electrical system....ect

I notice this thread is probably old guy's. but im lookn into a HDC3 18" AQ. What you guy's t hink of this for a box plan?

run around 4 cubic feet after displacement of everything for just one and give it at least 2000 watts rms.

that space is right for a 15 not an 18, especially for daily. For me in 5.75 cubes after all displacements on an aq2200 I think the woofer could have used either more box or more power. Don't try to cram the wrong woofer in the wrong box man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.