audioque hdc3 18 review

Yes I do. That being said, He still doesn't know what size the box will be after displacement. I didn't post the guts of the box, for all you know there will be a midget hiding in it going "Boom, Boom". Stay off the next mans nuts Lakota.
It's not his nuts that I look up to it's his scores. I've never personally talked to the guy but I have the common sense to listen to someone that has experience with the equipment and has done world record numbers with it. In order to learn you need to listen to those that are louder than you and stop being so **** hard headed. Team Toxic Bass is a business, they want your money. I've seen people on this forum that weren't impressed with their $40 designs. But whatever dude, hopefully I'll see you in the lanes and your state of the art box will crush me.

It's not his nuts that I look up to it's his scores. I've never personally talked to the guy but I have the common sense to listen to someone that has experience with the equipment and has done world record numbers with it. In order to learn you need to listen to those that are louder than you and stop being so **** hard headed. Team Toxic Bass is a business, they want your money. I've seen people on this forum that weren't impressed with their $40 designs. But whatever dude, hopefully I'll see you in the lanes and your state of the art box will crush me.

I'm not saying it's state of the art and I will crush anyone. I do respect him, and everyone else for there opinion. I don't understand how everyone is convinced the box is too big though. If you add the external measurements up, you get 12.4 cubes. With subtracting just the wood thickness, it drops to 9.4^Ft. Then you still have to subtract driver displacement, bracing, and ports.

Does it still seam to big now?

I'm not saying it's state of the art and I will crush anyone. I do respect him, and everyone else for there opinion. I don't understand how everyone is convinced the box is too big though. If you add the external measurements up, you get 12.4 cubes. With subtracting just the wood thickness, it drops to 9.4^Ft. Then you still have to subtract driver displacement, bracing, and ports.
Drivers displace very small volume and with ports it depends on both port area (to determine port length) and then you can figure out how much volume it takes up. It may be a good size for a flat daily response, but IMO it will not be much for a spl box.

6 cubes net is ideal for the HDC318.

dj

Drivers displace very small volume and with ports it depends on both port area (to determine port length) and then you can figure out how much volume it takes up. It may be a good size for a flat daily response, but IMO it will not be much for a spl box.
That's what it's intent is for. I'm sorry, I should have clarified that in the beginning.

Somehow I doubt you are gonna be using 3 cu ft of wood for the walls.
Im always leary of anyone who claims their box hits the lows excellently for music, but also slams for SPL burps. The only boxes I know of that can do that, have interchangeable ports. Clearly there is some BS going on with hyping up the performance of this box design.

60 seconds at 145 off a mag...in what a crx? or was it an extreme car?
he actually did a 147.1 earlier yesterday on my termlab for 30 secs or so on music. with one 15" mag. an SI mag, not IA mag. NOOB DREW

6 cubes net is ideal for the HDC318.
dj
I don't see why people stray so far away from recommended sized enclosures, especially from a reputable company who does extensive testing on their stuff, and then suggests a recommended sized box for it. It's not like he got a Kcier sub where they say between 1ft^3-2.5ft^3 as being ideal.

I wouldn't put it in anything bigger than 7ft^3...his box is probably around 9ft^3 after displacement, at the smallest.

Im always leary of anyone who claims their box hits the lows excellently for music, but also slams for SPL burps.
x2, things just don't work that way. Maybe it just seems like the lows hit really hard because you can feel it more than bass in the 45-55hz range. I thought my triple MJ-18 install was pretty **** flat, but I was 2db down at 38hz, and 4db down at 33hz...peaking at 55hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.