Audiopipe APSM-1500 help, seems quiet?

You'll get more volume and since music rarely reaches 0db especially in the low frequencies you still won't be clipping.
From what I understand, you can use up to a -10db tone. But I use a -5.

No... i just dont like to use poop to power my moofers...
The amp seems to work fine for me, my brother, and plenty others whose needs it meets. Not everyone is as demanding of an amplifier as you are. I like what you are doing with your system, and have been paying attention to your build. I'm impressed, and would love to be able to have the time and money to be able to do something similar. Anyways, i know that you have higher expectations for your system than what the equipment we're using can provide. But when installed, and used, properly, it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Not for what I need it for. I will upgrade someday in the future. But for what I got it for, I'm satisfied with its performance. Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation?

@av83
Thanks all! I'll try a -3db tone. So basically I could even do a -5db tone and still I would never experience clipping?

Say I set my gain to get the 40v AC that I'm shooting for, with a 50hz @ -3db tone. You're supposed to use 75% or so of HU volume correct? So that'd be like 38 out of 50. To make it simple I'll just use 40 out of 50. Does that mean I should never exceed 40 when listening? Can I listen AT 40?

Sorry guys, somewhat noobie here but you have to learn somehow. First time setting the gain myself.

The amp seems to work fine for me, my brother, and plenty others whose needs it meets. Not everyone is as demanding of an amplifier as you are. I like what you are doing with your system, and have been paying attention to your build. I'm impressed, and would love to be able to have the time and money to be able to do something similar. Anyways, i know that you have higher expectations for your system than what the equipment we're using can provide. But when installed, and used, properly, it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Not for what I need it for. I will upgrade someday in the future. But for what I got it for, I'm satisfied with its performance. Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation?
very good response... I must say that I am very demanding of my equipment and when I need it perform it better perform. The apsm may WORK but I dont need my equipment to just work.... I do agree however that it is a decent budget amp but it would not be my first choice on a budget...

You'll get more volume and since music rarely reaches 0db especially in the low frequencies you still won't be clipping.
Agreed, only reason I use a -2db is because I like to bass boost my music up at close to 0db as I can which is usually a couple dbs under.

Agreed, only reason I use a -2db is because I like to bass boost my music up at close to 0db as I can which is usually a couple dbs under.
So listening to just normal music on my USB drive in the 30s up to 40 for volume should never clip my amp/subs if I set the gain for my amp using volume 40 with a 50hz -2.5db test tone? (I just generated it with audacity)

So listening to just normal music on my USB drive in the 30s up to 40 for volume should never clip my amp/subs if I set the gain for my amp using volume 40 with a 50hz -2.5db test tone? (I just generated it with audacity)
well if the music on your usb is non of that poor youtube bass boosted garbage, or any gucci mane then yes you should be fine. I'm assuming volume 40 is around 75% of max.

well if the music on your usb is non of that poor youtube bass boosted garbage, or any gucci mane then yes you should be fine. I'm assuming volume 40 is around 75% of max.
40 is 80%, yea. Just a nicer round number than 37-38.

[quote name='zorphon']Hey all. (@av83)

my new APSM-1500 hits about half as hard as my Sony Xplod,[/QUOTE]

This is so sig worthy it's not even funny.

While the AP is only marginally better than your old XPlode, was the Sony a 2 ohm or 4 ohm amp? I don't know much about them. If it is, you were probably getting more power @ 4 ohms with the Sony. Whereas the AP is onyl doing what... maybe 300-400w on a pair of 8 ohm subs?

I would suggest you double check the phase again though. Just because they are moving similarly, doesn't mean they are in phase. Just unhook one sub and see if it get louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.