Sony XM-2501

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
I just can't pass up a good deal... So I bought this.

3277905.jpg

3277907.jpg

Now, what to do with it....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

2 options.

1) Sell it.

2) Bridge my eclipse to the cdt's in front and use it for a couple of 2 ohm mids in the rear on a bandpassed frequency range. Don't know if it would be powerful enough, though.

I know you know about some old sony @ge_off_me... I know it's not an ES, but do you know anything about this oldie?

Decent little amp. Not as special as the ES, but still will sound nice. I wouldn't pay more than $20/30 for it.
Got it for 15... So if it's only worth 20-30, I'll just have fun with it. Or give a friend/family member a lil set of bumps with an 8". In the meantime, I'll play with it and see what it does.

I like these amps, I would just use them in budget builds, but that's just me.
Thanks! It was actually your past comments/praise of sony's non-explod stuff that made me decide to pick it up. Plus it was super cheap, lol.

Got it for 15... So if it's only worth 20-30, I'll just have fun with it. Or give a friend/family member a lil set of bumps with an 8". In the meantime, I'll play with it and see what it does.
Yeah. Like I said, not a bad little amp, but don't expect TOO much from it. While it was most like made in Japan, it was their entry level amp for the time.

Yeah. Like I said, not a bad little amp, but don't expect TOO much from it. While it was most like made in Japan, it was their entry level amp for the time.
Ok. Appreciate the info. I'll have some cheap fun with it then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.