Audiopipe AP30001D - what am I missing out on?

Wingman0121
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I think I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these, now what exactly am I missing out on if I buy this instead of something like a Memphis mojo, SoundDigital, Sundown Audio or Zapco amps of similar power output? Looks aren't really important I guess.

Or is the AP30001D just a product of really efficient manufacturing and distribution?

Reliability would be the number one issue.
The way I understand it from how db-r and other have explained it in other threads, everything is surface mounted which makes it cheaper, but then surface mounts are more susceptible to breaking under vibration and what not. If you mount to your box or something with high vibrations I wouldn't buy it. My 1500 is in a little cubby in the back of my car where it doesn't vibrate other than road vibrations so I'm okay.

It's not going on the box but it will be in front of my subs, I can say... lay some rubber pads under the foot of the amp and isolate it from structural vibration?

I've went through many, many amps without breaking them due to vibration though.

Mine's a very solid amp, gets a little warm but that's my only complaint. I'm sure you know the 3000 is just two 1500's internally strapped. Just make sure it's not abused and it will treat you right.

It's not going on the box but it will be in front of my subs, I can say... lay some rubber pads under the foot of the amp and isolate it from structural vibration?
I've went through many, many amps without breaking them due to vibration though.
If they're bolted down well, I don't see why there would be a problem.

I've also heard they're current hogs, so you're definitely going to want to watch your voltage.

The way I understand it from how db-r and other have explained it in other threads, everything is surface mounted which makes it cheaper, but then surface mounts are more susceptible to breaking under vibration and what not. If you mount to your box or something with high vibrations I wouldn't buy it. My 1500 is in a little cubby in the back of my car where it doesn't vibrate other than road vibrations so I'm okay.
i mounted my amp on top of my sub box but i did add two 3/4 inch mdf wood to the top of the box with dynamat wrap wround the two mdf wood and added carpet and then i mounted the amp to the top of the box and i had no problems with virbrations at high volume and i also been hearing good things about audiopipes amps but can anyone post up amp guts pictures of audiopipes amps

Maybe that's my voltage problem..? Don't mean to thread jack...
Well, you're only running An AP15001D; I don't think the amp would be the sole cause for your voltage fluctuation.

can anyone post up amp guts pictures of audiopipes amps
If you just search "AP15001D guts" or "AP3K guts" you'll be able to find it on these forums. But you really shouldn't judge an amp by what you see on the inside.

If you just search "AP15001D guts" or "AP3K guts" you'll be able to find it on these forums. But you really shouldn't judge an amp by what you see on the inside.

yeah i never ran a audiopipe amp but i am curious about them do they do rated

Well, you're only running An AP15001D; I don't think the amp would be the sole cause for your voltage fluctuation.
Yeah man, anyone can run 1.5k on stock electrical with no problems. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.