Audiopipe 3000d or US Amps Merlin MD-3D???

You don't know what dirty power is. If someone blindfolded you and sat you in 6 different cars, you couldn't pick out the one with the Audiopipe amp. There are better amps out there for sure and worse ones, but this amp is far from dirty. It's equal to a Hifonics Brutus as far as clean power goes.

Lol at the people in this thread. THis guy said he was NOT looking for a sq build. but decent power for an SPL build. The Merlin wouldn't touch the Audiopipe in terms of power nor output. As far as the ton's of dirty power. No, don't think so, wheres the proof? May not be the cleanest but tons of dirty? The only two amps i can compare to the Audiopipe are not the best amps but it's just to give an idea of power. Previously i had 2 Power Acoustik a3000db's strapped at .7, and the Audiopipe was up around 1.x db running at 2 ohm's bridged, but it sounded a lot more intense AND cleaner. Also had a Hifonics 2600 Brutus. Don't have any numbers to compare the two but once again the Audiopipe sounded cleaner and louder.

You don't know what dirty power is. If someone blindfolded you and sat you in 6 different cars, you couldn't pick out the one with the Audiopipe amp. There are better amps out there for sure and worse ones, but this amp is far from dirty. It's equal to a Hifonics Brutus as far as clean power goes.
I agree. In class D amps at low tones, i don't see how anyone can tell the difference in the signal. Class A/B amps at on tweeters and mids is a different story. Yes Audiopipes are crap.

"Previously i had 2 Power Acoustik a3000db's strapped at .7, and the Audiopipe was up around 1.x db running at 2 ohm's bridged, but it sounded a lot more intense AND cleaner"

So are Power Acoustiks. Just because you got a DB gain does not mean it was just the amp either. There are many factors involved. To sum up this thread with no more *****ing and arguing, the MD is the superior amp because of build quality, design, and capabilities. Audiopipe is crap. /thread.

It may be a bit better in build quality BUT. It will not put out more power than the Audiopipe, Won't do a higher number on the meter as the Audiopipe, Plus it's just as reliable from what i can see. You saying Audiopipes are crap right after saying you can't tell the difference in quality on low tones with class D means exactly what? This thread isn't referring to audiopipes class a/b amps is it?

You can't tell me there was other factors involved. I pulled the two amps out and put the other in place right after. What other factors was involved other than me removing 1 1/0 gauge wire from the distroblock? If anything it's making the audiopipe look even better because the only difference was the PA's were running at .35 each and the Audiopipe was running at .7 a channel. The audiopipe is rated at 1500 @ 1 ohm and the Power acoustik is rated at 2300 @ 1 ohm and it was running at .35.....

It may be a bit better in build quality BUT. It will not put out more power than the Audiopipe, Won't do a higher number on the meter as the Audiopipe, Plus it's just as reliable from what i can see. You saying Audiopipes are crap right after saying you can't tell the difference in quality on low tones with class D means exactly what? This thread isn't referring to audiopipes class a/b amps is it?
You can't tell me there was other factors involved. I pulled the two amps out and put the other in place right after. What other factors was involved other than me removing 1 1/0 gauge wire from the distroblock? If anything it's making the audiopipe look even better because the only difference was the PA's were running at .35 each and the Audiopipe was running at .7 a channel. The audiopipe is rated at 1500 @ 1 ohm and the Power acoustik is rated at 2300 @ 1 ohm and it was running at .35.....
Just because an amp has a sonic difference doesn't mean its crap (unless it reproduces sound like ****, example high THD). I was talking about build quality, design, etc. Yea I can tell you other factors were involved such as level (gain) settings, less voltage being drawn by one amp instead of two, voltage drops, RCA voltage, what song, mic placement, temp........ etc.....do I have to go on? Power acoustik amps are junk, just like Audiopipes. Are that impressed you saw a gain? Just because an amp is rated 2300 watts @ ohm DOES NOT MEAN IT DOES THAT AT 14.4 OR TESTING VOLTAGE AT REASONABLE THD LEVELS OR OUT OF CLIPPING. I wish some people would get that through their heads.

LOl ok bro. just because i'm on ca.com, doesn't mean i have te knowledge base of a total noob. Everything wasjust about the same. Gain for both were set for 3k with the AP and with the PA it was set for 4k. Sub was a d1.4 BTL. Tone was 42 hz. Mic placement was at a dbdrag event's both time by the same judge (Mike Hadden) so Mic couldn't have been too off from where it was the first time. It's South Florida. Besides this past freakish winter the temps are never more than 10 degree's off from each other. So yes you have to go on.... The voltage drop is irrelevant.. I hdad more than adequate voltage for a burp. With the adiopipe i dropped to 12.1 and with the Power Acoustik's it dropped to i believe 11.7.

Yes i am well aware of the Power acoustik not being able to put out anywhere near 2.3k. It was tested that with serious voltage drop the Power acoustik did a little over 1.2k I believe. Yep thats **** for what it rated for, BUT 2 of them with better voltage less impedance rise as they were in my setup, yet the Audiopipe still did over a decibel higher. Means the audiopipe DOES do more than 2k. Which the Merlin was tested to do. Which is the amp he is comparing it to in this thread for an spl build.

Yes i also know the there is more than power output to db readings on the TL. BUT i guarantee the Audiopipe will do a higher number and is just as reliable. /thread

You shouldn't be basing how much power an amp puts solely by the fuse rating. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
You do if you know pies are square......

120 is the MAX, so continuous is likely to be in the 100 range and that is total draw after heat dissipation and total efficiency are taken into account. It's really quite sad to think it only pulls 100 amps continuous max and claims to be doing 3kw RMS. At least it looks nice inside http://forums.caraudio.com/forum/amplifiers/413814-modified-audiopipe-30001d.html#post6402760

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.