Audiopipe 3000d or US Amps Merlin MD-3D???

If we are going to count fusing in this equation then my XX Cyclops I used to have wouldn't have made any power because it didn't have any fusing.......

By the way OP get the Merlin. That AP is a POS.

Who cares about your off topic Cyclops? I know there are amps without internal fusing. So you're telling me if an amp with 2x20 amp fuses was claiming 2000 watts, you wouldn't question it? Audiopipe is not junk. I've had a Rockford, Kicker, and MTX crap out on me, but they still aren't junk. The 2 ap30001d's are still going strong, and were put through more abuse. I don't love Audiopipe. I was on a budget. I'd rather have a Kicker zx2500.1. I've heard all of the amps in this thread, and also said get the Merlin.

US Amps > Audiopipe
I can't believe this is even an issue. I know there's hate for US Amps and the XT line is mediocre, but the MD and AX series' ARE extremely well built. US Amps still builds quality equipment...
I agree.

Basing amps on fusing makes you look stupid. It doesn't matter what any amp is claiming. If you pop the cover off of an amp, you can estimate wattage, without fusing. Most amps that claim 2kw are crap anyway and unless you pay a couple hundred for it used, it won't get close to 2k. Audiopipes are cheap, junk ass amps. Kickers **** too. MTX and Rockfords are not even as good as they used to be, but they're not too terrible. Just because an amplifier survives abuse, does not make it good. Amplifiers are not built to be abused, they're built to do what you need them to do without clipping the **** out of them or wiring on too many subs. The Merlin is built way better, more functional and doesn't need a fan which says a lot about the thermal handling.

Basing amps on fusing makes you look stupid. It doesn't matter what any amp is claiming. If you pop the cover off of an amp, you can estimate wattage, without fusing. Most amps that claim 2kw are crap anyway and unless you pay a couple hundred for it used, it won't get close to 2k. Audiopipes are cheap, junk ass amps. Kickers **** too. MTX and Rockfords are not even as good as they used to be, but they're not too terrible. Just because an amplifier survives abuse, does not make it good. Amplifiers are not built to be abused, they're built to do what you need them to do without clipping the **** out of them or wiring on too many subs. The Merlin is built way better, more functional and doesn't need a fan which says a lot about the thermal handling.
How do I sound stupid? You just said Kickers ****, and they don't. I've ran some of the oldest Punch amps, The Real Hifonics and the Red HCCA amps of long ago. If I paid money for an amp, I could piss on it if I wanted too. People abuse stuff all time. Why does everyone ask if the can run a 2 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm? Why did those junk AP amps beat so called higher quality amps at the World Finals? What's this talk about a fan? The ap30001d doesn't use a fan and runs pretty cool. You can call it junk all day long, but you are out voted as far as this forum is concerned. You can't read or need something to argue about because I admitted my mistake about the fusing. Also told OP to get the Merlin.

I know the audiopipe is rated higher and it does its power at 2 ohm and the US amps does its power at 1 ohm. Im just wondering if both were the same price which you guys would choose,. Does US Amps still have the quality like they did before? Do they do rated power or are they over or under rated... Thanks for the help
Well of course the logical choice is the US Amps, the Merlin series is very good, the xterminator series is a fucking joke. But being that they are not the same price I would go with the Audiopipe, and just a little:fyi: I ran my AP bridged wired down to 1ohm daily with no issues:veryhapp:

How do I sound stupid? You just said Kickers ****, and they don't. I've ran some of the oldest Punch amps, The Real Hifonics and the Red HCCA amps of long ago. If I paid money for an amp, I could piss on it if I wanted too. People abuse stuff all time. Why does everyone ask if the can run a 2 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm? Why did those junk AP amps beat so called higher quality amps at the World Finals? What's this talk about a fan? The ap30001d doesn't use a fan and runs pretty cool. You can call it junk all day long, but you are out voted as far as this forum is concerned. You can't read or need something to argue about because I admitted my mistake about the fusing. Also told OP to get the Merlin.
Nice way to over generalize. It makes you sound right. Personally I don't care. There's more to an amp then just burping it at word finals. But you obviously don't see that. I'm not wasting my time arguing with someone that has no knowledge about amps. Have fun running that turd. Oh and by the way, Kickers do ****. They're built like crap.

there are a lot of good amps out there, what is your budget and how much power are you looking to push, what type of electrical are you using, what subs, do you need a 2 ohm load or 1 ohm. until then this is a useless debate.

The reason i ask this question is because there are some US Amps Merlins (refurbs) I can pick up for right around the same price as the Audiopipe

Lol refurb ftl theres your answer on witch is better Audiopipe pwns us amps lol dont believe these audiopipe haters.

I would get a mb quart dsc2000> US amps md3d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.