Audio cracks above certain volume

ElantraGTNoob

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im trying to set up a sub and amp in my 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT. I got everything set up correctly but when the volume is turned up past a certain point it begins to cut out and crack. I suspect my factory stereo is lacking wattage but I'm not 100%. What do I need to do to eliminate this issue?

I suspect my factory stereo is lacking wattage but I'm not 100%
You are correct in assuming that. Lack of amplifier power causes what you described. Had it done this crackling before the amp/sub setup?
What do I need to do to eliminate this issue?
Two ways to go about it; full range amplifier for the doors or an aftermarket radio. If the radio is not heavily integrated into the car's other systems, I would change it out. Otherwise the amp is your easier and more economic option.

You are correct in assuming that. Lack of amplifier power causes what you described. Had it done this crackling before the amp/sub setup?

Two ways to go about it; full range amplifier for the doors or an aftermarket radio. If the radio is not heavily integrated into the car's other systems, I would change it out. Otherwise the amp is your easier and more economic option.
The radio that I have in it now is factory so I'm assuming it's pretty integrated. I have an 1500 watt amp to go with the sub if thats what you're talking about when you say "the more economic option". I'll most likely have to get the factory replaced with an aftermarket one. I just need to find one that will look right because all of the ones I've seen so far would totally throw off the dash as far as visually, any suggestions???

radio that I have in it now is factory so I'm assuming it's pretty integrated
What I meant by this is does the radio control any air conditioner options, have steering wheel control, does warnings of open doors. When OEM radios have these options, the integration interfaces are usually expensive.
I have an 1500 watt amp to go with the sub if thats what you're talking about when you say "the more economic option".
On this I meant a four channel amplifier instead of a new radio. Since you already have the power wires in place, integrating the four channel would not be as hard. Most technical part would be running the speaker wire to each location.

Is this the radio?
Screenshot_20230520-083102(1).png

Finding a bezel should not be difficult but it being as snug as the OEM may be.

Take a picture of your radio in the dash as it is now. I have a 2013 sonata. If your radio looks the same as mine, I'll show you what an aftermarket hu looks like in the same spot.

Turn up the radio until you hear the cracking then dial it down like 2 notches Set the gain on your amp to that point or get an aftermarket head unit if it’s not loud enough but do not turn up the volume past the point of cracking

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...