Audio Components - Technical Advice Needed

Yeah I really like that rf 1200. Birth sheets like 1400 ish

I had the older version of that deck in my sequoia when I wanted to fill a 2din slot without the gap and didn’t want a screen. It was a good unit but mine didn’t have active. have you personally tried connecting those Front components separately from the passive crossover direct to each amp channel and leverage your deck for crossover? Probably could optimize sound even more and will really open up when you get your 8704.
The Pioneer HU is a great unit and i got it on Crutchfeild at about $150 few years ago. I use the 6 ch rca output to front, rear, sub. 4V output is nice. Sub output is active at 80 LP and the others are at 80 HP. The amps do the rest. I don't do anything special and front and rear speakers are at standard 4 ohm 4 ch and sub is bridged at 2 ch 4 ohm. It is loud being it is a smaller cab area to fill for sound. But i will increase the power little more when i get the new Pioneer GM-DX874. Not the 8704 but the 874. Yes there is 2 types of the same amp. According to the Pioneer web site, One is Hi Def rated with "hi quality sound parts" better parts inside. I been seeing deals for some Factory refurbished units on internet recently and decided to pull trigger for the new GM-DX874. $150. I have had good luck with only factory refurbished stuff and not 3rd party. Purchased many stuff over the years. Some have different opinions on this but i ONLY buy factory refurbished. Factory knows there stuff and in many cases there is no issues with the item but only that it was opened and returned or a small cosmetic defect or something that does not affect the use of the item. So at $150 with warranty is a great deal on the Budget Gem Pioneer GM-DX874. The rating , My Kenwood Excelon XR401-4 put out 75w 4ch. Pioneer does 100w 4ch and a little better on the bridged 2ch side at 300w
2ch. Kenwood at 200w 2ch bridged. So the extra 100w will make my Polk Subs sound a little better i think.

In the past old school there was the Kicker substation sub tubes that were very popular and sounded great. I loved them and they were the tubes with a flat bottom and did not roll around and fit great in the back of my X-cab. Today they are very hard to find. I had 2 sets pair of 6 inch and 8 inch. So i saw the Polk 8 inch subs and at good price and thought to call the techs at Polk here in CA on the specs and asked them if they would fit and sound good in the Old Kicker tubes boxes. They said yes, they would be a good replacement for the aging kicker subs.

The Pioneer TS-Z65CH Hi Def component speakers sound nice. And the price was good for a hi end component speakers. I read stuff on internet and some reviews and they said they were good. So i got them. They said they were designed and made in a special lab at Pioneer to be hi end. they sound nice. To me the tweeters sound good and not harsh like some tweets I had in past.

So in end i have been happy with the system and with the new Pioneer amps will be even better i hope

Last edited:
In my 2001 f250 all the wire's that connect to my after market sterio were cut and this is new to me im learning as i go .so the problem is that i dont understand the wires coming from the truck ? Why 2 grounds ?do i connect any wires together the ones coming fr the truck ?like those grounds?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.