Audacity problem..?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Hey guys, I am having a strange issue. I used to slow music with Audacity and it worked great. There was an update awhile back and I haven't really slowed music since then. I tried and I encountered a weird issue. The bass sounds muddy. I can't hear it on my computer sub, but my car sub I very much so can. It's not clipping I make sure of that. I can literally take a song I have slowed down in the past and slow it down again and the newer version's bass is @$$. Anyone encountered this before? I don't really know what to even look for online, since it is so specific.

I mean I wouldn't say i'm "rebassing." Just slowing and pitch bending. Plus I like audacity because I can plot the spectrum and get the exact freqs I want with ease. It just produces tardy bass as of late, is gey.

are you changing tempo without changing pitch?....

Screenshot_101.png

are you changing tempo without changing pitch?....
Screenshot_101.png
No, I'm changing speed, then I might lower pitch if I want to.

This is my step by step process.

1.) This is just pulled in.

Untitled.png

2.) Fixing Clipping

Untitled2.png

3.) Checking bass freqz

Untitled3.png

4.) Slowing..

Untitled4.png

5.) Checking Freq again, want it lower..

Untitled5.png

6.) Pitch Bending..

Untitled6.png

7.) Final Freq Check, This song was really high bass, so I went pretty ham on the slow and pitch, usually don't have to do that. This was just to show what I do normally.

My other thought was maybe it had something to do with the exporting, I noticed it had new settings with the update.. These are the setting I use..

Untitled7.png

so you dont just want to slow a song down? you want to mess with pitch too?
I don't care about slowing vs pitch bending. I used to just slow them but I've found that if I lower the pitch a little I don't have to slow it as much. It is all for the sake of lower bass freqs.

so in the past, you could tweak the pitch and the bass was ok, but a newer version of Audacity screws that up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.