ATOMIC SUBWOOFERS american made., guy in town is a dealer

dd got nice stubs wish i had $,, had to get of 98 caviler with 1 dd15 sub/port firing into car with 2k or so, loud..
Yea this is my first time using DD and I'm pretty happy. But caught a deal on it used.

Basically what I'm running except a 18 on 2k. Lol pretty nasty for what it is.

I have been considering going to 2-3 8's in my 4Runner instead of the one 12in.....the Apocalypse 8 was on my list to check out, of course i have no way of hearing one in person. Wouldnt be the first time ive purchased without hearing though lol. So still on the list.

I have been considering going to 2-3 8's in my 4Runner instead of the one 12in.....the Apocalypse 8 was on my list to check out, of course i have no way of hearing one in person. Wouldnt be the first time ive purchased without hearing though lol. So still on the list.
guy here said he knew dude with 1 atomic 8 hit 140db., others have said that the upper levels may not be great for daily use idk if that mean they mostly olay low freqs well not upper bass or if they don't have great sq or they don't last long idk.. depends how loud u want too and how much power u have those manhattans look good to me u could run 2 10's with like 1-1.5k or 2k amp should be loud and sound good.. just wish u could shop for them online get a $50 price drop lol..

What was disappointing with the shop?
Just one of the co-owners of the shop. If you were to yelp the shop Whitehorse Customz in Montebello, you'll see a bunch of positive reviews except for one. That one negative review is basically how I feel. The shop likes to claim from wild to basic installs, but if you do the basic install, the level of help from this shop is slim to none.

Perfect example, my wife's rear view camera went out and I took it back to the shop. They did a half *** job in trying to figure out what was wrong with the camera not working. His installer advised that it was the camera that was wrong and that I had to replace it. I also asked one of the co-owners for prices for the soundstream and PPI amps along with some decent 10" subs along with the pricing on a custom made box. He said he will call with the prices for the cameras, subs, and amps but he never did.

That's the second thing I don't like about the shop. His communication skills with customers is non existent unless you're spending thousands of dollars worth of equipment and installs. I was actually going to purchase the amp, sub, box and camera from him to replace my old amp, box and sub and have him the shop install everything. Mind you, his shop is almost an hour's drive from my house but my mechanic gave great reviews about this shop. So for me to keep getting the runaround is a pain in the a*s.

So I just decided to go to a different shop to have them check out the camera and before this shop was going to charge me a new camera, he checked all the wiring and that's when he noticed that the wiring for the camera was frayed. He changed the wiring for me and lo and behold my wife's camera is working again. This is the professionalism from the second shop I took my wife's vehicle to compared to Whitehorse Customz.

As far as the fabricator of the shop, haven't had any problems with him. He seems very professional in the dealings I've had. It's just the other owner that soured me to the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see this is y every shop needs me selling for them.. i spend past week sending 2000 pm's back and forth with new guy here (he has 8 post and 1000 pm to me, ya'll are welcome look at how many threads i prevented) shops gotta have someone thats likes the equipment and likes to talk about it instead of just trying to sell the most expensive thing they have.. guy at tiny shop here i talked to him about an hour 4 times he's never tried to sell me anything just say dc level are $130 2 of those be good that kinda thing.. other shop here has like 20k in skar and memphis, arc subs sitting on floor in boxes some they made and no ones there to tell u anything what a waste., i could sell $500 everyday in stuff they never sell cause no ones on sales floor and they could pay me $80 day cash to do it lol..

of course to be fair the bucket is just a burp so i'd guess u have to subtract 10 db for music in a real box with tuning.. but still awesome..

Yea!!! I believe it was Steve of RD Audio. JSA/Atomic did all the OEM for him. Taking it back now to like 05/06.
yea i had 4 of the apha 15s and 4 1750s the soft parts left a bit to be desired the amps where tanks. i clamped them and they where solid. i think they did around 1800 or so.. half ohm all day..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.