ATOMIC SUBWOOFERS american made., guy in town is a dealer

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
i've been thinking of buying 1- 12" Manhattan 2.5" vc 750rms has silver cone, spoke basket like most others these days, can't find xmax or other specs just that works in 1.5 -1.8 cf ported box.. he said i can get it for $200.. just wanted to know if any of u guys had any experience with atomic, kr said he new a guy with higher end 8" hit 140.. shop guy said he heard 2 lower end atomic energy 12's hit 144.. the quantum subs look nice they 900rms still 2.5" vc.. http://www.atomicspeakers.com/?pg=series_manhattan_12d

Looks pretty good. I ran their 5000.1 amp years ago .5 ohm for comps and 2ohm daily and it was very solid. Dont have any experience with their subs but I would assume they would be just as solid unless something has changed in their build quality recently....

Atomic still makes very nice speakers AFAIK their better lines are made in house and their amps have always been reliable. A friend of mine is a dealer down on Cape Cod and is doing good things with them.

Have you tried to email or call them? Atomic was quick to get back to me a while back when I emailed them some questions.

Atomic still makes very nice speakers AFAIK their better lines are made in house and their amps have always been reliable. A friend of mine is a dealer down on Cape Cod and is doing good things with them.
Have you tried to email or call them? Atomic was quick to get back to me a while back when I emailed them some questions.
no guess i can., they just need to put more up on site, they don't even have sugessted prices..

No one runs Atomic anymore. Used to.....they moved on.
yeah but no one does now and isn't that what everyone is looking for something that not everyone has and it's american made.. tad pricer than some, amps are high..

no guess i can., they just need to put more up on site, they don't even have sugessted prices..
They won't list prices because they are dealer only.

Good gear but I've never had luck with them for a daily driver, lower models might be better for that.

No one runs Atomic anymore. Used to.....they moved on.
That's not true. My friend is running ele/apx hydrids and I have some 10's at my house getting ready to recone and build a box for. Most younger kids just never heard of them like lots of old school goodies

yeah they finally sent me specs kept asking where i was and what shop name was in town,, manhattan 12 has 15mm xmax, vas 40, 260mms, 86db,bl 20.1,.. quantum has 19mm xmax 212mms vas54, 91db.. specs look good just wish they were cheaper

I haven't talked with George in years .... I'm glad to see they are still around
just hard to find anything about them, their website don't have all the speakers they make., shop owner here was installing atomic comp set, said they have coax too.. that shop is not much but a storage building, owner is great but if he's installing he ain't got time to talk to me about stuff and he don't know prices of everything, he sells atomic,sundown,dc,b2,cadence and like 3 other brands..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.