At high volume Alpine radio turns off!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

itsadrtyjob

Okay so I am running a Alpine Ida-x303 HU and have no speakers connected to the HU directly. I have a Jl audio 2 channel amp for my subs and a kicker 350x4 4channel amp for my mids and highs. All speakers are new Polks 6.5 db's. Subs are Polk 10" DB x2. Both amps are ran with 4g power wire and 8g ground wire. They are also wired separately. Well the remotes are bridged but I have never had a problem with this. All RCA's are top dollar JL audio RCA's

The problem is when I turn up the volume the radio will basically restart over and over until i turn the volume down a tad. Now im not trying to turn it up past an unreasonable volume but I do like it loud. Thats why i am running amps only. I have owned and installed many stereo systems in my life and know the set up that I have will run much louder than it is now. But the radio should never turn off espeacially with just amps running.

Also I had a sony 60ui HU in there and it was doing the same thing. I replaced it with the alpine thinking the HU was the problem however its not. What I dont understand is if im only running amps then whats telling the HU to turn off? Hope fully someone can help.

Mine does the same thing i have a warrantee on it so i was also wondering about this...Could it be the voltage is dropping....I tested my electrical with everything cranked and it dropped to 12.9 but that was it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.