Ascendant Audio Ava, 04 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe Build...56k beware

Meh, south florida...southwest.
Got down to 50, eh? Eh?!

With the humidty it still was kinda chilly...that and the wind was going.

No glass tonight, but I got two more gallons of resin today.
It was chilly in Orlando this morning. It will probably be cold* tonight.

*Florida cold which is roughly 50 degrees...

Alright, did more glassin tonight, untill it got too dark to see with the little bit of daylight left.

Tried out pouring my resin ahead of time, and using smaller cups.

dsc01627vd8.jpg

dsc01628gi9.jpg

Mmm, a big ole roll of glass

dsc01629yt5.jpg

Tried it out, didn't work too well because the glass is kinda thick, 13.5 oz per yard, and it'd pull the wet glass off a little...eventually just ripped the excess apart and applied in smaller chunks.

dsc01630sb4.jpg

Could not see anymore, called it a night...I finished the layer and put glass on the sides, and did a second layer in some areas.

dsc01631pq4.jpg

dsc01632mg8.jpg

dsc01633kw8.jpg

dsc01634kh6.jpg

dsc01635ey5.jpg

Tape is quietHow much were all the brushes ?
Not very expensive at all. hmmm like...5 bucks at max?

question........if this is going to actually be a structural part of your enclosure.....why didnt you use wood for the most part?
uhh wood? It's there to seal the box/semi structure but it's lined up against metal so it's not like it'll flex easily...There will be bracing throughout the fuker, I got two 2x4's and 2 sheets of mdf waiting for when I get ready to do the baffle in the front and the false floor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

a wooden floor would have A) been far stronger than the glass and B) FAR FAR FAR cheaper. all your doing it seems is making a bottom of your box in essence.

just trying to help.
I was glassing the wheel well, a wooden floor would have been complicated with the shape on the trunk, it was really, just easier to glass it. Besides, I really don't need the added weight of the wooden floor versus FG.

orginally, I was going to stretch the fleece over a circle baffle, and FG the outside, and bought the needed Fg to do that, but changed my mind after I got the stuff, and jsut going to do a false floor. FG supplies, and some tools was about 350, but it'll be enough to do a lot more projects that I was going to do in the future...I still have doors I wanna glass, and possibly the back dash, and the front, middle dash.

So I bought plenty of crap..Most of the cost was on tools I needed to just do boxes...but I can always use some tools so it's alright.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.