Are these the same amp? And is this common?

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
I was looking at a video about a Skar RP2000.1D and it seems to be an almost exact same amp as my Alphard M2000D. The sides and aluminum heatsink shell ridges are the same looking even the dimensions and out numbers are even the same. Is it possible they are the same amp just different names? Or are these just the same board and shell but use different internal components? What are opinions about the Skar brand? Good? Bad? Or just Midway not great but not terrible?

Yes, they're probably identical, and yes it's incredibly common. There's people who will fall over themselves saying otherwise to justify the extra money they spent on their "brand" of the exact same thing, but typically without precision test equipment performance will be indistinguishable. Not like any of these companies actually design anything. They just buy from a catalog from the only 3 factories that mass produce this stuff for export.

I was looking at a video about a Skar RP2000.1D and it seems to be an almost exact same amp as my Alphard M2000D. The sides and aluminum heatsink shell ridges are the same looking even the dimensions and out numbers are even the same. Is it possible they are the same amp just different names? Or are these just the same board and shell but use different internal components? What are opinions about the Skar brand? Good? Bad? Or just Midway not great but not terrible?
yeah it weird the sound qubed amps are same as some hifonics amps but the hifonics actually had better caps lol.. lot of the ts amps are similar to orion, xtr and wolfram that y it's good that we have bigblank to test amps now..

Well hell to the yeah then...

BigDWiz - Referbished Skar RP2000.1D AmpDyno

If this is the same amp, then I'm even happier with my amp now. He got 2250w RMS @ 1% THD at 13.8v, 2400w at clipping @14v, and 2670w RMS @ 1ohm on a Dynamic run at 14v. So that would me my lil amp is a beast... I can't wait till everything I ordered comes in...

Thanks for everyone's replys!

damm it.. either way 2 ohm more efficient..
Yea even the bass knob that came with mine is exactly the same. I think for $220 I may order one instead of a M2000D just because its $60 cheaper. I it is a good amp even when I try to torcher it it don't get too hot but I'm gonna put fans on it anyway I got 2 heavy duty 5" computer fans just need one more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.