AQ1200 protect mode.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

crazy4life
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Finally got around to testing out my older model AQ1200. It worked wonders for about 15mins then it went into protect... Turning the deck on and off would bring it out of protect but slowly it would last less and less.

Fast forward a year later its still doing the same thing except now it goes into protect as soon as possible... You also have to let it sit now before it will work again. I have not yet tested it in another vehicle but im certain something is wrong with the amp as my friends amp works wonders.

Iv opened it up and nothing looks burnt, blow, expanded caps. Nothing. I did break the stuck master/slave switch thou.

Options?

I want to hear my IA DR in my tiny bmw e36 :p

Why didnt you send it back to AQ when the first problems occurred? Ide get it fixed, or have it looked at. Give AQ a call and see what they say, i love my AQ1200 its deff worth getting looked at

I had money problems at the time... Iv already emailed them just waiting on a response. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.