Apsm 1500

will do rated and is an awesome amp. @cat man knows about them pretty well. i ran an apsm1300 and it sounded better than my hifonics 2kd

yeah on a power bd 500 yeah a bit ghetto but works out fine in a 3 chamber enclosure even each has thier own 4in aeroport and 2.45cu ft

but just got a pair of hx2 power series 12's I am going to run on the apsm in my 84 olds

yeah on a power bd 500 yeah a bit ghetto but works out fine in a 3 chamber enclosure even each has thier own 4in aeroport and 2.45cu ft
but just got a pair of hx2 power series 12's I am going to run on the apsm in my 84 olds
ya just run the 2 12s lol

Ok I just picked up a Audiopipe APSM 1500 bnib off craigslist for 50 bucks. What can expect from it? will it do rated and is it dependable/sturdy for daily will be running 2 RF hx2 power series 12's on it.
I doubt you can expect "clean" power, but if your goal is to satisfy a spl meter, they will work. A S/N ratio of 70db is about 10db lower than I will buy in any amplifier, personally. You seem to have the electrical to support it, which is where I suspect most people who have mechanical troubles with them fail. For $50, it is a ok deal...they are only about $120 new online. No where near the quality of the Amp you have now, but with your choice of equipment, I doubt you will be able to distinguish the sonic differences anyway.

Anyone use 1 of these?
Yes. And you got a GREAT deal. Just set it with a dmm to 1200-1300 watts, since your electrical will not stay at the 14 volts it requires to make rated.

Will do 1500 cleanly.
Not below 14 volts.

will do rated and is an awesome amp. @cat man knows about them pretty well. i ran an apsm1300 and it sounded better than my hifonics 2kd
Really? My maxxsonics 2k sounds worlds better than my old apsm1500.... and it doesnt make my coils stink when the voltage drops even just a lil bit... and its louder.

audiopoop is just rebadged sundown. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
how dare you compare AP to that crap offbrand....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.