Apsm 1500

Yes. And you got a GREAT deal. Just set it with a dmm to 1200-1300 watts, since your electrical will not stay at the 14 volts it requires to make rated.

Not below 14 volts.

Really? My maxxsonics 2k sounds worlds better than my old apsm1500.... and it doesnt make my coils stink when the voltage drops even just a lil bit... and its louder.

how dare you compare AP to that crap offbrand....
Is it rated for under 14.4 volts?

I doubt you can expect "clean" power, but if your goal is to satisfy a spl meter, they will work. A S/N ratio of 70db is about 10db lower than I will buy in any amplifier, personally. You seem to have the electrical to support it, which is where I suspect most people who have mechanical troubles with them fail. For $50, it is a ok deal...they are only about $120 new online. No where near the quality of the Amp you have now, but with your choice of equipment, I doubt you will be able to distinguish the sonic differences anyway.
This is going in a new build for my other car 84 olds delta 88 will prolly step up to a little bigger battery and add a 2nd in the trunk

Is it rated for under 14.4 volts?
It doesn't say anywhere in the manual the voltage requirement to make rated, but CEA compliance only requires that it does it at 14.4. Regardless, I think it's a great amp for the money. And I'm only stressing it because it is very often not taken into consideration. Most people with stock alts are lucky to keep there voltage above 13 when driving a 1000+ wrms amp hard enough to get a little loud . Then they get pissed when their subs stink, crying about "dirty power". Some amps will not give you problems when driving it hard at 12 volts, whether they're rated at 12, 13, 14 or not at all. The apsm will, though. Tune it appropriately and its not a problem.

This is going in a new build for my other car 84 olds delta 88 will prolly step up to a little bigger battery and add a 2nd in the trunk
Gotcha, I was referring to the use of drivers with different impedance loads mixed together, as far as SQ...It seems you plan on correcting that issue though.

but CEA compliance only requires that it does it at 14.4.
I read it a long time ago, but as I understood the CEA amp power spec it only governs the 4 ohm rating, 14.4v,

So a lot of lower price amps can be CEA-2006 certified and still get away with spec'ing inflated 2/1 ohm ratings.

Not to say AP does.

I installed an ap10001d for my newphew and I've been pretty surprised by it.

edit: yep, no 2/1 ohm regulations: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MOOh23kVYmt/popups/cacomp.html

This may sound bad and ill probly get bashed. but i will take the apsm-1500 over any other 1500rms rated amp. just saying. for most 1500s (sundown, skar etc.) i can buy 3 apsm's for of the others......... all 3 of the amps do rated power..... its a no brainer to me. even if i had the $ for the saz or skar 1500 id buy 2 apsms and run 3k and save some $.

my apsm1500 is the second audiopipe amp i've had, the first one was the apsm1300. the only thing i didn't like about the first one was that the fan would whine for about 30seconds, then everything was fine. the 1500's fan doesn't have that issue. the 1500 replaced a rft1000bdcp that stayed way to warm, i guess my electrical wasn't up to par, even though i upgraded +/- wire to 0/1 knu kca and did the big 3 in 0/1. again, the 1500 doesn't have that issue. to me, you would be hard pressed to tell a difference by ear. it is well worth the money even at full price, let alone 50 bones.

I read it a long time ago, but as I understood the CEA amp power spec it only governs the 4 ohm rating, 14.4v, So a lot of lower price amps can be CEA-2006 certified and still get away with spec'ing inflated 2/1 ohm ratings.

Not to say AP does.

I installed an ap10001d for my newphew and I've been pretty surprised by it.

edit: yep, no 2/1 ohm regulations: Crutchfield.com - CEA-2006 Compliant
I read that too... And then forgot, lol. Thanks for bringing it up. Explains why my MB quart guts look so much like the brz1700 despite a 300 watt difference in the one ohm rating, too. Also explains how they (AP) are able to rate their amps at

Edit. And yes, I would say that AP spec'ing an apsm as being capable of making 1500@1 with thd that low qualifies a being ” inflated”...

I recently bought a APSM-1500 to run on my two sa-8 v2's and **** I love the price/performance ratio. The amp gets hot quick, I had mine up to 150f (It was flush to the carpet on rear seat) Well a way around that is to make/buy rubber spacers to go under the feet a 1/4-1/2" should be good. Get plenty of air flow under the amp. Mine doesn't see over 120F now. Protect on these are like 175f just fyi, and I use a laser thermometer in my car to read temps.

I recently bought a APSM-1500 to run on my two sa-8 v2's and **** I love the price/performance ratio. The amp gets hot quick, I had mine up to 150f (It was flush to the carpet on rear seat) Well a way around that is to make/buy rubber spacers to go under the feet a 1/4-1/2" should be good. Get plenty of air flow under the amp. Mine doesn't see over 120F now. Protect on these are like 175f just fyi, and I use a laser thermometer in my car to read temps.
That seems really hot still

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.