Apsm 1500

That seems really hot still
It's not that bad considering how small the amp is. For $114 (what I paid for the amp new) I can always just purchase a new fan, really not much at all to complain about at this price range. This temp was recorded with my car parked for over an hour playing full tilt. Generally I'd have the A/C on or the windows down while going down the road.

what ohm load are you running? i am thinking on replacing my rft212 with those same 8's. what type box/tune you got? don't mean to thread jack.
1 Ohm. Custom made box tuned to 30 Hz. Work's great.

Wow, back a couple months ago you couldnt find more than 2 people in a thread saying they wernt garbage. I have one and I like it pretty well. Cheap and does the job. Win-win!

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Just seems a little power hungry. But I also have a tiny alt to...

anyone in here ever tried running these at .5 ohm? ive seen plenty of reviews of ppl doing so. im thinking about running 2 of these strapped down to .5ohm(1 ohm being the final load so each amp would show .5).... i have a HO alt and stuff im about to upgrade batts and run some more wire to up my juice to the amps.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone in here ever tried running these at .5 ohm? ive seen plenty of reviews of ppl doing so. im thinking about running 2 of these strapped down to .5ohm(1 ohm being the final load so each amp would show .5).... i have a HO alt and stuff im about to upgrade batts and run some more wire to up my juice to the amps.
if it does not work at least your only out $250 since they are so cheap

if the subs are right behind your head you can tell the sq isnt great and the low end reproduction is kinda shitty. But loud is loud i guess

i was thinking the same thing. my buddy has a sa 12 in his car off a MTX amp that does 600 @ 2 ohm and when i swaped in an apsm1300 which is the same power at 2 ohm the loudness was the same but the low end power just didnt seem as demanding if that makes sence.

i was thinking the same thing. my buddy has a sa 12 in his car off a MTX amp that does 600 @ 2 ohm and when i swaped in an apsm1300 which is the same power at 2 ohm the loudness was the same but the low end power just didnt seem as demanding if that makes sence.
That makes plenty of sense.

Where in Minneapolis are ya? Seems alot of MN folk run SA products now. I would be interested in hearing some audiopipes to hear what all the fuss is about sometime.

I have two SPLaudio SA12's myself currently.

south minneapolis near the riverview theatre. i actually sold the audio pipe awhile back. my buddy just scored a brand NOS re sx fromt when re was quality. were ripping his car apart and will hopefully have that installed by next spring.

where are you abouts?

south minneapolis near the riverview theatre. i actually sold the audio pipe awhile back. my buddy just scored a brand NOS re sx fromt when re was quality. were ripping his car apart and will hopefully have that installed by next spring.
where are you abouts?
Nice, I used to have a RE SE. Wasn't enough for me though. I am thinking about selling my 2 12's (giving them 2400 right now) and going with a single 18 on around 3krms

I stay in Plymouth for now, but just moved I had been living in North/NE mpls for a long time. Too long, actually

well ive came to a decision... im going to sell my SS dtr1.3400 and pick up a strong batt and 2 apsm-1500 strap them to 1 ohm(.5ohm each) should be interesting

Nice, I used to have a RE SE. Wasn't enough for me though. I am thinking about selling my 2 12's (giving them 2400 right now) and going with a single 18 on around 3krms
I stay in Plymouth for now, but just moved I had been living in North/NE mpls for a long time. Too long, actually
actually that was his first sub but its beat coil is fine but it has bad tinsels now and the suspension is shot. basicly needs a recone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.