Anyone With Experiance Between These Two?

I'd stay away from RE's stuff. That's also an older model Type R. Maybe we can suggest something different? What is your current setup and what are your goals?

I'd stay away from RE's stuff. That's also an older model Type R. Maybe we can suggest something different? What is your current setup and what are your goals?
I currently have two RE Audio SEX10D4's powered by a MB Quart ONX1.2000D. I'm really wanting to give 15"s a try, and those were just two that I was looking at. I do want something that I can.. Feel, lol.

I currently have two RE Audio SEX10D4's powered by a MB Quart ONX1.2000D. I'm really wanting to give 15"s a try, and those were just two that I was looking at. I do want something that I can.. Feel, lol.
I think some 12s in a proper box will give you the "feel" you are looking for. What kind of room do you have and budget?

I think some 12s in a proper box will give you the "feel" you are looking for. What kind of room do you have and budget?
Room.. Quite a bit, about 52inx42in. About $300 currently, and I'm only looking to swap are the subwoofers.

A pair of Sundown SAs, Incriminator Lethal Injections, or Tantric MDs would do well on that power. Don't forget that you'll need a custom enclosure to get your subs' full output.

what type of feeling? air moving? ear tickling? chest pounding?

Chest pounding.. Definitely lol. Straight up baseball bat to the back of the head type of bass lol.
You might want to lower your expectations a bit.

Of those I'd take the REs. hell I'd take the REs over the SA and obsidian. They are much better subs then they are put off to be.

You might want to lower your expectations a bit. Of those I'd take the REs. hell I'd take the REs over the SA and obsidian. They are much better subs then they are put off to be.
Yea I know, I was just being overly dramatic about it. I've been using RE's for a while and I really like them.

your not gonna feel too much of a difference going from 2 10s to one 15 with less power. if you have that much room than why not just get 2 beefy 12s or even an 18". A higher tuning around 35-38 hz would give you that higher hertz chest slam. The chest slam you can feel with the lows, would require a much beefier system.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

or a good bandpass

You need more power for real chest pounding. You need something like 2 15 hdc3s on 3000-4000 watts. Once you hear it you'll understand. I have sa15s and they beat hard enough for me, but the hdc3 or American Bass HD is a step up.

You need more power for real chest pounding. You need something like 2 15 hdc3s on 3000-4000 watts. Once you hear it you'll understand. I have sa15s and they beat hard enough for me, but the hdc3 or American Bass HD is a step up.
You don't need that much power for a chest pounder, it also largely depends on the vehicle and box tuning. I only had a 1000 watt Crossfire amp with a pair of Pioneer TS-W2000SPLs in my old VW Golf and I scored 148.8dB on an AC mic (so ~142 on termlab) with music. Same system in a Cadillac Deville? pffffft maybe 136 if I'm lucky.

I had experience with 1st and 2nd-gen Type ARRRRRs and they're honestly not bad at all, they can all take more power than rated and the suspension seems to be able to take a beating.

You don't need that much power for a chest pounder, it also largely depends on the vehicle and box tuning. I only had a 1000 watt Crossfire amp with a pair of Pioneer TS-W2000SPLs in my old VW Golf and I scored 148.8dB on an AC mic (so ~142 on termlab) with music. Same system in a Cadillac Deville? pffffft maybe 136 if I'm lucky.

I had experience with 1st and 2nd-gen Type ARRRRRs and they're honestly not bad at all, they can all take more power than rated and the suspension seems to be able to take a beating.
I have experience with everything you mentioned and the pressure is no where near the hdc3. I had 4 type Rs ported in a Tahoe, but 4 hdc3s

is real chest pounding. Your chest is probably more sensitive than mines?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.