Anyone wanna help (Database)

It looks like my question got lost in the wash...so here it goes again.

Is this database going to be it's own website, or will it be an addition to another existing website...this one or otherwise?

It looks like my question got lost in the wash...so here it goes again.
Is this database going to be it's own website, or will it be an addition to another existing website...this one or otherwise?
oop sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif i think it would be cool if we got our own domain name and stuff. and we can get some company sponsors and such.

I'll be more than happy to share all the random (albeit somewhat useless at times) Kenwood info floating around in my head after years of using their products if it'll help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If I host it, it will be a subdomain unless someone wants to offer the $10 for a year of domain name hosting.

If I host it, it will be a subdomain unless someone wants to offer the $10 for a year of domain name hosting.
well if we ALL add in a few cents here and there, i think we can get that 10 bucks hehe.

and prowler, Kenwood = GOOD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Not going to read all the pages (yes I know, a bit rude, sorry) but I know PHP fluently and do a lot of work with MySQL databases. It's entirely possible to do what you're asking for.

I hate doing graphics work, but I code all my pages in XHTML (validated strict to web standards).

Not going to read all the pages (yes I know, a bit rude, sorry) but I know PHP fluently and do a lot of work with MySQL databases. It's entirely possible to do what you're asking for.
I hate doing graphics work, but I code all my pages in XHTML (validated strict to web standards).
sweetness kenny! so are you in? ill add you to the tech list //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

sweetness kenny! so are you in? ill add you to the tech list //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yeah, just let me know when/if you need me and I'll see what I can do. Midterms just ended today, throwing a little party and then I'll be in work mode again.

i can chip in a few bucks for the doman name....i can send monday when i get back frm my fishing trip //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i'd be willing to offer webspace/basic help as i've got the space and bandwidth. i could make a subdomain from roe or it's own domain as it's only $5 p/year for me. i can create a private directory on the server and assign mulitple ftp accounts to it. for example, an account for the webmasters and a limited access account to allow the public to upload stuff. i can also create pop3 email accounts for those who will need one. if you do plan to make it open, i can find a way to incoporate the site into the main site so it will get more exposure.

as you can tell from the roe, i'm not a full fledged web designer as i do it in my free time. so it would be best if experienced web designers to creates the main site/database and has access to the private directory to upload and maintain the site.

It's been my guess that the original plan is to allow uploading of images through the web browser, where they are run as part of the database for ease of maintenance. Once there's 200 or so images and someone uploads something unrelated, it's not going to be easy to log into a limited FTP and look for it by hand.

i don't know how they want to set the database or site. i was just giving out options. i personally think it would be best to use a sql based database with an upload form.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.