Anyone running JL's 6w3 subs?

Nate88

Hey, I'm curious if anyone is using JL audios 6 inch w3 sub. I'm very limited on space and am thinking of getting 2 of them to build a down-fire sealed center console. I'm not looking for windshield cracking bass here. I just want to be able to round out the entire system.

I'm curious if they sound good and provide decent crisp bass in a sealed box.

I'm also worried that mounting these subs in the center of the cab of my truck will cancel out sound or not provide decent bass.

Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Bass is omni directional so you can pretty much mount them anywhere. You want it to sound like its in front of you, by eliminating rattles that's possible. The rattles give off the placement. DD makes a much better 6.5 inch sub.

Bass is omni directional so you can pretty much mount them anywhere. You want it to sound like its in front of you, by eliminating rattles that's possible. The rattles give off the placement. DD makes a much better 6.5 inch sub.
I know it's omnidirectional but in the instance of home audio, placement of the sub makes a huge difference on DB and clarity especially in a square room ie. pickup cab...

Thanks for the link.

I know it's omnidirectional but in the instance of home audio, placement of the sub makes a huge difference on DB and clarity especially in a square room ie. pickup cab...
Thanks for the link.
Never compare home audio characteristics to car audio lol. Totally different animal. Sub placement matters there for reflection purposes, in a car you don't really have that problem as long as its not canceling.

ive heard a few jl w 3 set ups, jl vety popular around me. i think there a good sub that will give you what you want. there expensive though, so i also feel you could find something better for cheaper. if you can get them good price i say go for it.

ive heard a few jl w 3 set ups, jl vety popular around me. i think there a good sub that will give you what you want. there expensive though, so i also feel you could find something better for cheaper. if you can get them good price i say go for it.
From the link just posted JL seems cheaper than some of the door speaker pairs, Much less tha DD set, although the extra 200w rated power would be kind of nice if looking to replace a set of 8s.

From the link just posted JL seems cheaper than some of the door speaker pairs, Much less tha DD set, although the extra 200w rated power would be kind of nice if looking to replace a set of 8s.
Last I looked the DD was around $20 more and that's retail, you will not pay that at a dealer.

Dunno just found a pair for 320. Never had much luck finding a DD dealer. Wonder why no major stores carry them after 30 years.
That's a good thing. To much production kills quality. Look at JL

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Because they have a very well protected dealer chain
And they watch those dealers very close

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.